Thread: SawStop Price Increase

SawStop Price Increase

I recently had shoulder surgery and am expecting to have reasonable use of my shoulder in a couple more months, or so. I was planning to buy a SawStop saw around the first of July. However, I saw today that pricing goes up on May 3rd.

If the increase is going to be significant, I may go ahead and order now and see if I can receive the saw around July 1st. Does anyone know how much previous increases have been on SawStop saws? Or, any guesses based on other similar equipment as of late? I talked to a SawStop dealer today and they speculated the increase could be 25%, or so.

I appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Martin
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO

On the FaceBook SawStop page there is a copy of a Grizzly notice claiming the SawStop price increase will be in the 5 - 6% range.

IF it was 25% increase as you were told, I think that would really hurt SawStop sales. Right now the basic contractor saw is US$1869.00, a 25% increase would raise the price to $2336.00. The basic 1.75 HP cabinet saw is $26993, and $3365 with a 25% increase. At those prices I think potential buyers would forgo the purchase. My SWAG (Scientific Wild Arsed Guess) is this dealer was trying to convince you to buy today.

Thanks, Ray. That is much more believable.
    Martin
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO

Agreed, i have seen a lot of 5-6% marketing ads. I purchased mine from https://www.thisiswoodworking.com/ in Ohio and had my saw in 4 days from time of order (ohio to NJ). The company was great to work with. I'd order from them again without hesitation and even thought about taking a long ride to Ohio just to check out their box store.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

25% price increase sounds like a salesman’s way of trying to get a sale today.

I would guess that it will be 10%, due to the parent that owns SS and Festool, when you see an increase traditionally it is 10%. I would order now, cause in reality you will need extra brakes for regular and dado blades.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will order in the next week, or so.
    Martin Penning
    joplin, MO

Several years ago I purchased my Sawstop through a local Woodcraft store and asked them to hold it for several weeks until I moved to a new home. They obliged.

With inflation being at 8.2 percent since less than a year ago, I'd just order it and not think about the price increase, salesman or not. With the increase of container shipping having gone up by 300 percent or more, since Covid, I could easily see it going up by more than ten percent. I got mine about 4 years ago & the saw was around $3k with the 3hp/36" fence. $3.5k would not be unreasonable.

5% is very reasonable. I’d expect 10-15%. Shop fox raised prices 30% in the past 18 months.

I am surprised that it’s taken this long for the price increase to come up.
    I bought my SawStop last year because of a lot of things, and completed the purchase quickly, thinking there might be an increase within a few months.
    As also pointed out, I’m actually surprised the increase is so low. After seeing the other upticks in prices for everything else, I’m convinced another increase may be coming within a year.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

They already had 2 increases