Thread: Hammer A3-31 table adjustment documentation

Hammer A3-31 table adjustment documentation

Does anyone have any fairly recent documentation on adjusting the jointer tables of a Hammer a3-31 detailing the steps in order? The only thing I have is one from 2014 that describes the general process without a lot of detail. I checked with Hammer tech support and they directed me to a YouTube video made by a Hammer customer and some basic diy videos on their website. The customer video is nice but doesn't detail specific steps. I may not be looking in the right places but I can't find any technical support documents on the website. I don't understand the lack of support documentation.

Anything you might have would be appreciated.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

I believe the links can be found somewhere on their site... they had forwarded it to me but I don't know what I did with it.

Do you have a specific problem you're trying to resolve i.e. open joint, splayed joint, tapered cut, tables not co-planar?

This page from Rob Porcaro has some information that might be helpful: https://www.rpwoodwork.com/blog/2014...r-parallelism/
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Do you have a specific problem you're trying to resolve i.e. open joint, splayed joint, tapered cut, tables not co-planar?
    Edwin.

Started noticing tapered cuts. The machine's 8 years old so not surprising it could use a tune up. Figured it was a good time to rotate the inserts while I was at it, which went well. If the first edge went 8 years the inserts will probably outlast me.

Three kind gentlemen have sent what documentation they had and I've been able get the tables set today. Dialing in the outfeed table height is taking a bit. My old Ridgid jointer had wheel adjustments and was a lot easier to set. Hammer's method using a wrench is a lot courser/crude. Hopefully I'll be able to dial it in tomorrow.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

I had a similar problem with my AC-41. It turned out that the blades were worn out. This made me think the tables were out of coplanar. See my recent post in the thread -
    Hammer A3-41 Brand New - Infeed Not Flat.

I had an issue with feeding it would jam up. It made me think the infeed roller was off but it ended up being my planer table wasnt lubricated enough. Call your felder dealer and start a service ticket, they will walk you through it.

Sorry for taking so long to update. Had a lot of things going on over the weekend.

Machine is all dialed in and is jointing beautifully. Discovered I need to be more diligent with moving the fence when edge jointing. There was enough wear to measure the difference between the inserts at the far right and the middle.

Again, thanks to all who sent documents and your offers of help.

Cliff
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to update. Had a lot of things going on over the weekend.

Machine is all dialed in and is jointing beautifully. Discovered I need to be more diligent with moving the fence when edge jointing. There was enough wear to measure the difference between the inserts at the far right and the middle.

Again, thanks to all who sent documents and your offers of help.

Cliff
    Glad to hear that you sorted it out…..Regards, Rod