Thread: Adjusting Side Mount Drawer Slides

Adjusting Side Mount Drawer Slides

I am using Homands 12" side mount drawer slides. I have never used this brand and it is giving me fits. With the current supply chain issues it was the only brand that I could get in time.

I am having a problem with the left side of the drawer not staying closed. Everything slides smoothly, but when I let go the left side springs back about 3/8". I check that everything is level and no obstructions that would prevent the slide from staying closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Bob

Cabinet square drawer boxes square? Shim back screw other side that sticks out. Random thoughts
    Brian

I apologize if this sounds too trivial (and I'm not familiar with that brand), but I have encountered similar behavior with Accuride slides when the two sides are not "in sync". Sometimes during installation, both sides are not extended the same when the two pieces of the slides are mated. Bearings snug in their races will sometimes cause one side to "rebound". Extend the drawer fully with an extra tug to assure that both slides are "fully" extended; then try closing the drawer.

Thanks for the suggestions. It was a defective slide.