Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Sawstop owners who've installed the Incra LS TS positioner

One statistic I couldn't find in the manual or on Incra's web site was the length of the arm. Can someone tell me the distance from the front of the fence to the end of the arm on the 32" version of the LSTS, not the carriage.

I have to move my saw as the right end is against a wall and I'm trying to figure out how far to move it. I know the rails can be in different positions relative to the surface of the Saw. Not everyone has their rails in the same place and not everyone has the carriage in the same place so knowing the arm distance allows me to work it out more accurately from there.
    Last edited by Johnny Barr; 04-10-2022 at 10:26 PM.

From the front of the fence to the end of the rail is 43"

Thanks Chris, based on that I moved the saw a minimum 33" from the wall (I have a small shop) to give maximum rip but then again I've never ripped over 32" and in the rare event I needed too then I guess I could lift off the positioner and clamp a straight edge or just use a circular saw. Now all I need is to have have it delivered

Greg, I currently have an outfeed table which is bolted to the sawstop rails but given the Incra rails are an extrusion with spare T tracks I would think installing a folding or not folding outfeed table would be easy. I have a couple of those auto locking shelf brackets which I can mount to a board which is mounted to the rails.
    Anyone else mounted an outfeed table to the Incra rails?

My outfeed table is mounted to my Incra rails. The table rests atop a couple pieces of aluminum angle that are fastened to the vertical face of the Incra rail. I sourced weld nuts and short bolts from Fastenal, to allow the pieces of angle to fasten to the slot in the Incra rail.

My table saw sits on a "made to size pallet" so I can use my pallet jack to move it around. I use a couple support arms that angle up from the pallet to the far edge of the outfield table for support.

Let me know if you'd like pictures. I would have grabbed a couple for this post, but didn't feel like wandering out to the shop through the spring blizzard we're currently in the middle of, LOL.

HTH, Clint

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Baxter View Post

Let me know if you'd like pictures.

HTH, Clint
    Yes please Clint, allowing for the weather of course
    Last edited by Johnny Barr; 04-13-2022 at 8:24 AM.