Thread: Glowforge

Glowforge

I was in Michaels today and they had a big display with an actual Glowforge......guess you can buy them there now. They were also selling a whole lot of consumables for it.....including a beautiful piece of red acrylic (5" x 10" x 1/8") for only $6!!! I"ll have to stock up!

I'll admit......they have a great marketing guy.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Funny I was thinking just the other day.... what was the name of that company and product we used to see talked about on here all the time?
    Wonder how the new users of the Glowforge are doing now???

Wow a quick visit to Amazon and look for the Recent Reviews not the top reviews!!! Its a eye opener.
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-04-2022 at 9:20 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    I happen to be on a Facebook laser for sale group. More than half of the adverts for used lasers are folk trying to sell GF laser in one form or another. Usually new or nearly new. There are probably 20% that are looking for a better laser. They have done a good job in marketing. I still see a tv advert once in a while. I figured they would go bust due to all the quality issues, but not so far.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

IF Glowforge would spend as much time on quality control and product improvement as they do erasing bad reviews and posting false good ones they might make it work.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Steve did they have it set up and running? did you watch it? how slow are they?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I see Glowforge is still lying about the power of their machines saying the pro version is 45 watt when its nowhere near that. How do people fall for their BS
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

No.....it was not set up and it was actually behind glass so you couldn't even open it or touch it. I'm assuming it was one of their returns that didn't work and was only there for show.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

I see their support forum no longer has Glowforge people on it helping the only way to get support is Email and sometimes a phone call it the line is open. They say they will get back to you within 3 days but I see people waiting a week or longer for a response. The old Gowforge fanboys IE employees that were on the forum are long gone. The same problems show up all the time broken wheels and cables unreliable wifi connection slow uploads, and shutting down

You know you can't even change your own tube in a glowforge. You have to pack the whole machine up and ship it to them at the cost of $200+ then pay them $500 or more to change the tube and ship it back. Thats INSANE they won't sell you a tube or even tell you the tube spec's. I think a person would be crazy to buy one
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander