Thread: Broken Bandsaw Tensioning Arm

Broken Bandsaw Tensioning Arm

Is this a common problem? This is a brand new Laguna 18 BX and I believe that I managed to break the tension arm pin. Further I think it might have been broken for a few days, maybe longer, I'm not sure, because it sorta worked without the pin, it was just really loose and wobbling in ways that I thought were odd.

The pin itself seems to show rust through out, or maybe there's another reason why it's reddish, like metal grain or being pulled, I don't know. Arm is about 20", so there's definitely a lot of leverage there.

Also haven't talked with Laguna yet, since it's the weekend, I'm sure they'll be professional whatever their response. I just found this out a few minutes ago by taking the saw apart.

PXL_20220402_191332393.jpgPXL_20220402_191336093.jpg

Talked to Laguna yesterday and today they got in touch to let me know they're sending a new set of parts for free, no questions asked. So all good from my side of things. Felt like if I was going to complain publicaly I should make it clear when they address the issues.

Glad you closed the loop, that was the right thing to do. Good luck, should be a very nice saw. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    Talked to Laguna yesterday and today they got in touch to let me know they're sending a new set of parts for free, no questions asked. So all good from my side of things. Felt like if I was going to complain publicaly I should make it clear when they address the issues.
    Laguna used to have complaints about customer service and I think they were heard and there customer and tech support is now really top notch. I've got 3 Laguna tools, and lucky all my contact with them has been great - and not due to manufacture defects.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!