Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what's up with the violinists?

My granddaughter wants to take piano lessons. Her mother, my daughter, a truly wonderful pianist, wants to make it happen. She is shopping for a Yamaha U3AR like she played. I am engineering how to lift this very heavy piano to the family level of her town house on the second floor, three floors above street level. This is going to be hard. I personally will make it work and try to make it look easy. I sort of wish the granddaughter wanted to play the violin. There is a future playing in shopping malls apparently.

If her mother does not presently have a piano (and apparently does not), I would recommend a mid to higher end keyboard with weighted key action. Yamaha, Roland, and probably others play and sound like a conventional piano without the disadvantage of being heavy. A big plus is the volume can be turned down as to not disturb the neighbors, etc. A beginning learner is not a pleasant experience for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Watt View Post
    If her mother does not presently have a piano (and apparently does not), I would recommend a mid to higher end keyboard with weighted key action. Yamaha, Roland, and probably others play and sound like a conventional piano without the disadvantage of being heavy. A big plus is the volume can be turned down as to not disturb the neighbors, etc. A beginning learner is not a pleasant experience for anyone.
    She already has such a keyboard. That is not the point. She wants her own childhood for her child. I will provide it if I can.

Blog Entries
    I would have given the guy in the news story a dollar just for his sign. If I caught on to the fake violin playing I wouldn't even have wanted to make eye contact with him. It is getting really hard to judge the reality of things that can be observed in public. I am getting paranoid that folks around town are staging video shoots.
    Best Regards, Maurice

When I worked with musicians they were the real deal. It was not a milli vanilli world.