Thread: At Least They Were Being Honest?

Blog Entries

At Least They Were Being Honest?

Often my phone isn't picked up when it is ringing until the fourth ring. Dialing for dollars isn't trying to reach me.

Sometimes I will look to see who is calling just incase it is someone known.

My last call a few minutes ago had "Illegal Scam" in the caller ID.

TeleScamateer?.jpg

Never got a call so blatant about it before.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Smile

I get two or three calls a week from Mr. Likely. His first name is Scam. I usually block his number, but apparently he has a lot of phones and phone numbers.
    BillL

We get calls sometimes from Potential Spam, usually at an 800 number. Actual Spam could be a valuable food source if it was physically present, but Potential Spam has very little nourishment in it.

Our land line phone (Verizon digital voice or something like that) will sometimes have (Scam?) after certain numbers. Are these numbers that have been previously reported?

My phone will say "Telemarketer" or "Spam Risk"
    < insert spurious quote here >

Do you get the silence and then a click followed by a crackly line and almost certainly an asian accent?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johns View Post
    Do you get the silence and then a click followed by a crackly line and almost certainly an asian accent?
    With them usually saying, "hello?" This used to bug me because the person answering the phone is the one to say, "hello."

For a short while it was kind of fun to respond with, "is your vehicle warrantee about to expire?" This was usually greeted with them hanging up.

After this I would wait the few seconds and disconnect my end just as they said, "hello." Having experienced this with crappy pay phones back in the day I know how frustrating this can be.

Now I look at the caller ID and wait for four rings. It seems lately telemarketers/telescammers hang up after three rings to avoid answering machines.

Hopefully after a while they will weed out the phones that do not answer.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)