Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Lift lock and roll

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Posts
    676
    Adding one more picture to show the caster hinge bolt sleeve.

    Hi Mike, have not seen you around here lately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. Robert, you & Mike have me chomping at the bit to get to making my units. I got a Miller Multimatic 215, and have welded a couple of steady rests already, and done some repairs on a friends landscape roller. I have most of what I need on hand,except casters, and maybe some 3/8 steel flat bar. Gonna get exciting around here soon! Mike has offered his CAD drawings….looking forward to them arriving by email!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Posts
    676
    That 215 is a nice machine. I use a 211. Nice of Mike to offer CAD drawings! Order your casters before you start building. The geometry of the casters will determine the final shape/sizes of your lift.

    How do you cut steel? If you do not have one already look into a cold cut saw for steel. When I got my 14" Steelmax saw and sold the abrasive chop saw it was a game changer for my metal working. Just looked at current prices and was a bit shocked. Mine was less than half of current price.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Robert, you & Mike have me chomping at the bit to get to making my units. I got a Miller Multimatic 215, and have welded a couple of steady rests already, and done some repairs on a friends landscape roller. I have most of what I need on hand,except casters, and maybe some 3/8 steel flat bar. Gonna get exciting around here soon! Mike has offered his CAD drawings….looking forward to them arriving by email!
    Robert pointed me to this SkilSaw SPT62MTC when it was $250! I use this saw often but they are loud.

  5. I currently use a 7-1/4" circular saw with a Diablo "Steel Demon" blade, and have a portaband mounted on a Swag table in verticle orientation for small parts. I also have a plasma cutter, so at this point, cutting metal plate or square stock is not an issue. I have been toying with the idea of an Evolution 14" metal saw. Having a dedicated miter saw for steel would be helpful, but I'm so crowded now for space, that is on the back burner. I am planning to relocate for retirement, so a new house/shop is in the plans, but real estate prices are thru the roof right now!

    Mike, your CAD drawing arrived today...what is your caster size in the drawing?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Mike, your CAD drawing arrived today...what is your caster size in the drawing?
    Wheels are 3" diameter and the top of the mounting plate is 4-1/8" from the ground.

  7. Robert and Mike….what is the total length of your main angled supports [the ones with the 45 degree angle]? Measured along the centerline of the piece?
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 04-21-2022 at 6:00 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Posts
    676
    From the long point of the 45 to the square cut end is 6 7/8" on mine.

    I know you asked for center line but too difficult to measure with all the other stuff in the way. It should be real easy to figure out the center line measurement with what I gave you.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    From the long point of the 45 to the square cut end is 6 7/8" on mine.

    I know you asked for center line but too difficult to measure with all the other stuff in the way. It should be real easy to figure out the center line measurement with what I gave you.
    Thanks Robert, much appreciated. I got my casters yesterday, and now just need some time to work on these. I also have some tie down rings coming in tomorrow to weld on one of my trailers. When I go to move, those will come in handy to move my lathes with the LL&R.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Robert and Mike….what is the total length of your main angled supports [the ones with the 45 degree angle]? Measured along the centerline of the piece?
    Here is mine (you should be able to scale the print and take dimensions as needed):

    llr dim.jpg

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Here is mine (you should be able to scale the print and take dimensions as needed):

    llr dim.jpg
    . Thanks so much, Mike…this drawing really is helpful!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  12. Well, no joy quite yet on building these LL&R bases. Had to take a trip out of town for a family situation, and had to get the garden planted, and regular work duties and such. Now, it looks like about 3 weeks before I can get to fabricating these. Stay tuned….
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Posts
    676
    Thanks for the update. I had been wondering how you were coming along with the project.

  14. Back home now, and hope at least to get started in the next few days. Got some major lawn work to do though, rains and high temps while away have gotten the lawn looking a bit like a hayfield! When I get into the making, I might give you a phone call Robert!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




  15. I have most of the parts cut for the assembly now. I have to drill the holes on the supports, lifting cam, etc. I need to get some bolts, washers and nuts for the casters, and axle from the hardware store next week, then a mock up with a corner tac-welded to test the apparatus. If all goes well, then full blown assembly and welding of the parts ... stay tuned!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

    Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •