Thread: Looking at a used jointer

Looking at a used jointer

earlier i was on here asking advice on jointers and all of the answers was great,,,since then i found a used jet and i called about it and he said it did run and he would even show how good it is on a piece of wood,,,its about 30 miles from me and he had a picture of it posted and it did have alot of rust on the bed and fence,,he told me the model was a jj-6csxw and i checked and they do offer a spiral cutter head for it,,he also said he did not buy it new,,he bought it from someone else,,can anyone give me some info on this jointer and what your thoughts are on it,,he is asking 250.00 for it,,,and i know there would have to be aot of work done on it,,,tuning it and getting the rust off,,i tried putting a picture of it on here,,,lol,,dont know if i got it right,,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    earlier i was on here asking advice on jointers and all of the answers was great,,,since then i found a used jet and i called about it and he said it did run and he would even show how good it is on a piece of wood,,,its about 30 miles from me and he had a picture of it posted and it did have alot of rust on the bed and fence,,he told me the model was a jj-6csxw and i checked and they do offer a spiral cutter head for it,,he also said he did not buy it new,,he bought it from someone else,,can anyone give me some info on this jointer and what your thoughts are on it,,he is asking 250.00 for it,,,and i know there would have to be aot of work done on it,,,tuning it and getting the rust off,,i tried putting a picture of it on here,,,lol,,dont know if i got it right,,
    I paid little more for same jointer for my SIL a couple years back. No rust though. Actually someone else paid that. I had lent them a jointer (Grizzly) a couple years earlier, and instead of breaking it down, they replaced it with the Jet.

Fair price as long as the infeed table moves up and down and the fence moves back and forth. The rust looks cosmetic only.
    Bill D

Jeff, that is the kind of deal I jump on. That is very light rust that will clean up easily. Only 30 miles away ! Get over there and look at it and take the cash with you.

You should be on that deal like stink on a monkey. I've been watching a Jet 6" open frame jointer on a local online auction, it's at $350 right now and there's 8 days left on the auction.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation