Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excuse my Question

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    He has no machine experience, but has sourced a company that can mill his part for a reasonable cost, so if this moves forward, that's the way he will go for the first couple of hundred items and see if there is demand for his product.
    Chris - that sounds like an excellent way to proceed. Glad to hear he's got is sorted out.
    David

I agree with David...good solution. No experience and an expensive investment in machinery and software can make for major frustration.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yes, I wanted to say, he's never really used woodworking or metal working machines, I was fortunate to do both for many years in high school, but he was great assembling Lego's.

I used to love it when he was little and would puzzle over some assembly operation and come ask me for help with the Lego assembly instructions in hand, "Hey Daddy, I think these Constructions are wrong". That's a word we still use in this house today.

He's a smart young man and is is very dollar conscious.

How old is he?

Does he really want to get into making stuff, or is he just interested in designing and selling products? Much more $$$ to be made with the latter than the former!

He's just turned 29. Has a good steady job, although is moving up the ranks faster than any other employee has done in a large nation wide company.

This would be a side kick startup, with not a lot of capital outlay or time required. Totally unrelated to his day job.

He's just testing the waters for his idea.