Thread: Thread activity alerts?

Thread activity alerts?

Most forum sites I frequent have a little alert icon at the top of the page that will show me if there has been any activity on threads that I have started or threads that I have subscribed to. I feel like I have done a pretty thorough search through the site but can't find anything similar. I definitely don't want email alerts! Am I missing something somewhere?

Click on the "Settings" button, top right, on the screen...and you'll see all your subscribed threads, including your own, that have new activity. Or just use the "new posts" in the darker menu bar just below the "Sawmill Creek" logo top, left. In either case, if you want to go to the first new post, don't click on the thread name...click on the little, tiny blue circle thing just at the front of the thread name.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Click on the "Settings" button, top right, on the screen...and you'll see all your subscribed threads, including your own, that have new activity. Or just use the "new posts" in the darker menu bar just below the "Sawmill Creek" logo top, left. In either case, if you want to go to the first new post, don't click on the thread name...click on the little, tiny blue circle thing just at the front of the thread name.
    Clicking on the settings does appear to ring up threads that I am subscribed to that have new posts in them. Thank you! I almost always use "New Posts" but being able to see new posts in JUST the threads I have subscribed to is very valuable!

Is there a way to automatically subscribe to threads that I add a post to?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    Is there a way to automatically subscribe to threads that I add a post to?
    That's usually the default but you can set that up in your settings, somewhere on the right side menu in that Settings screen.
    --

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Another thing you can do is just before you exit SMC slide up to the top bar and click on "Forum Actions", then click on "Mark Forums Read", then when you come back only posts that have had any action since your previous visit will be in bold.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Another thing you can do is just before you exit SMC slide up to the top bar and click on "Forum Actions", then click on "Mark Forums Read", then when you come back only posts that have had any action since your previous visit will be in bold.
    That is exactly my own habit. So once I view threads I'm already "in a relationship" with I can then also go through the forum discussion areas and read only threads that have new material.
    --