Thread: USPS Misinformed Delivery?

Blog Entries

USPS Misinformed Delivery?

There is something wrong with this picture:

Misinformed Delivery.png

The part on the right arrived in my email this morning.

It seems one hand of their system doesn't know what the other has done.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yep. I have experiences like that from USPS and FedEx. Today Amazon supposedly delivered a package that wasn't supposed to arrive until Sunday. I communicated with them and told them it was not delivered. They insisted it was and agreed to re-ship. With delivery tomorrow????. Later this afternoon, the neighbor from across the street brought my package over when he got home from work. So I guess it was delivered, but not to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Yep. I have experiences like that from USPS and FedEx. Today Amazon supposedly delivered a package that wasn't supposed to arrive until Sunday. I communicated with them and told them it was not delivered. They insisted it was and agreed to re-ship. With delivery tomorrow????. Later this afternoon, the neighbor from across the street brought my package over when he got home from work. So I guess it was delivered, but not to my house.
    Our USPS carrier delivered our package to some other address and logged out as delivered to us. The post office confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address but would not contact the people and try to retrieve it, nor admit it was their fault. They take zero responsibility for their errors. I couldn’t live like that.

USPS said occasionally someone will return a package received in error but most would not. I couldn’t live like that either.

I had that happen once PO delivered my package to the people at the end of the street. I called PO asked where my package was and she told me were it was I asked her to please go get it and deliver it to the right address. 30 mins later a knock at my door and the mail carrier with my package and a sincere sorry for the mess up.
    Guess thats the advantage of living in a very small town.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander