Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Just wondering..

I guess I will go the way I usually go....tenons first....get all 8 milled...THEN chop the matching mortises...

Will see how it goes, this coming Saturday afternoon....
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

Not an April Fools joke....Central Ohio, April 9th...32 degrees outside..and we are having a snow shower? Most is melting,, except of already cold places like cars and roof....nice BIG flakes, too..

BAH! HUMBUG!

Going to be in the 60s starting Monday? Welcome to Ohio..

Might just go and hide out in the shop, today.....because it be "UGLY" outside...I hate snow..

Ok...was just wondering out loud.....as to the differences between a Migraine Headache and a TIA ( "Mini Stroke")

Since it has been over a year since I have had either one....memory is a bit foggy in that regard.

"Day After"...still have the headache, and spots are still numb....they still work, just can't feel anything with them..

Just working....

I guess nobody knows?

Still having issues with numbness in the left hand......brain is having issues with this keyboard...headache has settled in right behind the right eye socket....

butt them up and pasload them

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    I guess nobody knows?

Still having issues with numbness in the left hand......brain is having issues with this keyboard...headache has settled in right behind the right eye socket....
    I just saw this Steven. One cannot distinguish by history. In older people (you), stroke must be excluded ASAP. Go to the emergency room today to be clinically assessed and to get an MRI of the brain.

7. Steven, if you haven't already, you do need to get to the emergency room immediately. Let the doctors do the diagnosing, time is of the essence. Call 911 if you have no one to take you.

Do not take a blood thinner -- strokes are either a bleed or a clot and you can't tell which. A blood thinner like aspirin would be bad news if you have a bleed.

Get to the ER!

Blood thinners were ended last year, with the installation of a "Watchman" in the heart...Ended the Thinners last August.

Was just a Migraine....stress level caused. Have had them since elementary school....nasty things.

Before that Watchman...I got a couple TIAs....None since. Also had one bleeder, and none since.

Only numbness right now is from an old construction job incident...2 fingers will always stay numb. Guilty hammer...was buried in a foundation, having been confirmed as a "Killer"....and is wearing concrete overshoes....2 people, same hammer..same results....his index finger. Moral of the story? NEVER buy a hammer from ODD/Lots.

chilly, rainy old day outside...be a good day to go and hide out in the shop? Might take along a Laundry hamper....I seemed to work better with the laundry being done, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Not being a regular viewer the one thing that does stick in my mind was from a conversation with someone who was a regular viewer. They said that Norm always made three of any project for his program to show different stages of the process.
    This is one of the reasons I enjoy Roy Underhill so much – it's my understanding that they go into the shop and film each episode straight through.

Maybe...but, IF you watch closely ....you will see Roy has bits and pieces scattered about the bench.....each piece is a little further along than the others....as he SHOWS how something is done....and rarely shows a completed project.....Maybe "Rachel's Desk".....

Roy's shows were filmed in one take...the "prep" might take a week to set up....but the filming was done in one take...bloody fingers and all.

Back to just wondering, again...

Table needs a top coat, or 2.....trying to decide what goes well with Amber Shellac....Poly, or, Laq, or Water bourne?

Brush or rattle can spray?

Ok...turned the table onto it's top...legs straight up into the air...Brush on a coat of clear gloss poly ...
    pip 4.JPG
    Will let this sit overnight...
    pip 5.JPG
    And see how it turns out...before I commit to doing the top....