Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

21 Mar 2022

Greetings,
    More progress was made on the queen bed frame as well as progress made on a reclaimed lumber fireplace mantle project. I finish my oncall duty tomorrow and I'm looking forward to not being tied to my phone or my computer until the next oncall rotation.

The more oncall duty weeks I pull, the more I'm looking forward to retirement.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Finally, assembled the frame and stood up the DC onto the frame. Now to surround with noise suppression, add electrical, and ducting. Needing that tax return. Also visited the Savannah River Woodturners and watched Nick Cook make boxes.

Dennis, I feel for you...unfortunately, the nature of "what you do", comes with that on-call thing so yea...I know you'll enjoy retirement. Of course, you'll be even busier then. LOL

This past week included some tree trimming and playing "pick up sticks" that also unfortunately involved cutting everything up into small pieces so it could go in the bags to go out with the trash. I don't have "the woods" available anymore to just dispose of stuff on-property. I also prepared a section of the existing fence to permit getting "big vehicles" to where the shop will go by removing the wire fencing that was integrated with the wood fence and temporarily screwing the fence boards back up to the posts. The fence is going to be replaced as it's really degraded, but I'm not going to be in a hurry for that, at least on the front side. I started work in SketchUp for how the interior of the new shop might get arranged...I haven't used the application in awhile, but it comes back fast, fortunately.

have some seasonal landscaping work to do on the nice days this week and will revert to indoor activities on the days that rain...including potential jury duty.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Built a nice child's bookshelf for my granddaughter. Will install it with anti-tip hardware later this week. Kinda a pain to build, but for a very good cause.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I finished the flooring in my entry and main halls. Reinstalled the old transitions to the dining room, and installed new transitions to the office and family room. Trimmed back the family room carpet adjoining the transition, installed new tack strips and kicked the carpet onto the strips. Got all the trim for the hallways pre-finished (oil stain and poly). Installed new jambs into the closet door opening. There were no jambs before, just sheetrock and since I'm installing nice oak 6 panel bifold doors, I wanted the jambs to be nice. The walls are a good half inch out of plumb. I installed the jambs plumb, but it's going to be a chore casing that one with stained trim.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I was away for a bunch of days and got to visit a woodcraft store
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I just finished a 5 month long project and, as usual, am dedicating a few weeks to shop and equipment maintenance.

Over the weekend I rebuilt my pine screwdriver holder, which was showing abuse and size limitations, with a new one made of maple. The project took longer than expected as each hole is custom drilled to perfectly hold a particular driver vertically.

cu300 feet-5.jpg
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    <snip>
    The project took longer than expected as each hole is custom drilled to perfectly hold a particular driver vertically.

cu300 feet-5.jpg
    I see we share a bit of the same kind of OCD! I hate when they wobble around...
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--