Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use Chrome or Microsoft Edge

I can accept that relative to "under the hood", Andrew. I'm not a software guy. But regardless, the behavior that matters to me cross platform is still there.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I can accept that relative to "under the hood", Andrew. I'm not a software guy. But regardless, the behavior that matters to me cross platform is still there.
    I hear you. I am, and I've worked pretty closely with some of this stuff. While it might not matter that much to end users, until it's really bad, it's generally considered a bad idea to allow one company to determine how browsers work. Having iOS keep Chromium out (however odious their approach) is good, because it means that the web will continue to be designed to standards, rather than the whims or needs of a single company. We had issues with IE was the defacto standard, we might be going back there again with Chrome/Chromium/Google.

Definitely Firefox

Firefox or Brave. Or Chromium if I need.

Chrome and Edge are basically spyware and should really be avoided.

I can't run Edge or Safari anyway because I'm on Linux, but I have no real desire to, so that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Dupont View Post
    Firefox or Brave. Or Chromium if I need.

Chrome and Edge are basically spyware and should really be avoided.

I can't run Edge or Safari anyway because I'm on Linux, but I have no real desire to, so that's fine.
    You could run Edge on Linux, at least the Debian based distros. Why you'd want to is another matter.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/2/2...stable-channel

Based on some comments in this thread suggesting/recommending Brave, I downloaded that browser engine a couple weeks ago. I was a Chrome user, but found it to be irritating. So far, I'm pretty happy with Brave. The transfer from Chrome was quick and painless. It blocks adds better than I had hoped, and my searches do not appear to be sending me towards advertisers.