Thread: Router jig help

Router jig help

I recently came across this Wing Products router jig. From what I've gathered on the Internet, mostly routerforums.com, this was a well designed tool used in a lot of cabinet shops and by a lot of trim carpenters. I think that there were templates available to rout designs on cabinet doors. I was hoping someone on the Creek would know about this tool and maybe have instructions for it. Pics below, thanks,
    BillL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I think Rockler sold something like that for a while....I believe theirs was plastic though. Here is a simple jig for make grooves in flat doors.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

There's a Trend Verijig, and I think Festool has something like that.

Looks like a commercial version of this DIY router jig, I made one like this and works with pattern bit. Just used it once so far.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7h8KVXgkLA&t=269s

I found an instruction sheet and more parts for this jig. When I get some time I'll play around with it and see how well it works. Soon as I figure out how to convert .pdf files to .jpg I'll post pics of the instructions. Off to bed now.
    BillL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Lessenberry View Post
    Soon as I figure out how to convert .pdf files to .jpg I'll post pics of the instructions. Off to bed now.
    BillL
    Most windows computers have a snip app that lets you make a jpg of anything displayed on the screen.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Figured it out, just change the scanner settings. Now I'll need to think up a project that I can use this on. :-)
    BillL

CCI_000001.jpgCCI_000002.jpgCCI_000003.jpgCCI_000004.jpg

I use 'print screen' and paste it into paint. Crop and resize, save as jpg.

If there's an easier way... I'm probably too old to learn it anyway.

I remember those thigamajigs from the late 1970s. Never had any use for it, and preferred raised panel doors.
    Regards,

Tom

simple ply wood jigs from offcuts suffice for making cutouts with routers. That jig would be good though if some one asks you to make a new replacement door for their 1952 kitchen.