Thread: Woodpecker Sale - My luck

Woodpecker Sale - My luck

I have been watching woodpecker sales for a few months waiting for the 641 & 851 squares to go on sale. Last monday I finally gave up waiting and ordered them. They arrived on Friday. This morning, guess what is on sale! The sale is only $10, so not a big deal, but still kind of funny.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Contact their customer service folks and ask about it...you never know what might happen.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It happens to me frequently too and isn't restricted to Woodpeckers!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Contact their customer service folks and ask about it...you never know what might happen.
    I thought about that, but I like their tools, have called their customer service and always get absolute fantastic response, even got extra sacrificial fence sent to me for free when I called to let them know about a hardware package issue on my router table, so they can correct it for future customers. They can keep the 10 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    I thought about that, but I like their tools, have called their customer service and always get absolute fantastic response, even got extra sacrificial fence sent to me for free when I called to let them know about a hardware package issue on my router table, so they can correct it for future customers. They can keep the 10 bucks
    I had the opposite response from CS, I bought a router table sled and when I started to assemble it half of the hardware was missing, 1/4 x20" nuts and bolts and such, called WP and was told that any hardware store stocks that stuff, haven't bought anything from them since, lost a customer for a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by fred woltersdorf View Post
    I had the opposite response from CS, I bought a router table sled and when I started to assemble it half of the hardware was missing, 1/4 x20" nuts and bolts and such, called WP and was told that any hardware store stocks that stuff, haven't bought anything from them since, lost a customer for a few dollars.
    That is 100% not the response I would ever expect from them. I've called them with a question or two here or there also and get amazing response. Ironically the edge of the mdf case for the squares I just bought was dented (no big deal but it is new and should be perfect). I just an e-mail to them and within 1/2 hour I got an e-mail with a warranty order number and a 2nd e-mail that a new case is on the way.

Sorry you had gotten that level of response from them. How long ago was this? Maybe the person isn't there anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by fred woltersdorf View Post
    Wow. Absolutely the opposite response I have ever gotten from Woodpeckers customer service, which I have found to be great over the years. Hopefully a one-off thing from someone having a bad day, that sadly spread that bad day to you.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    I have been watching woodpecker sales for a few months waiting for the 641 & 851 squares to go on sale. Last monday I finally gave up waiting and ordered them. They arrived on Friday. This morning, guess what is on sale! The sale is only $10, so not a big deal, but still kind of funny.
    You know, Justin, they were waiting for your purchase before they put them on sale. How do you learn of their sales? Thanks
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Blog Entries
    I’ve never owned a business so I don’t know what it’s like but this situation is fairly common. You buy a refrigerator and two weeks later it’s $100 cheaper. I know if it was something small that you could easily return for refund and the re-buy, some businesses will just process the return and purchase to give you the lower price.

it seems to me that WP ought to offer recent purchasers a store credit for the ten bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    You know, Justin, they were waiting for your purchase before they put them on sale. How do you learn of their sales? Thanks
    Add yourself to their e-mail list. It is on the bottom of their web page called "ECLUB SIGNUP"

I think, as a public service, you should let us know next time you buy something...then we all will know it's going on sale
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

A useful trick, that actually works pretty often is to sign in, put something in your cart, but then don't buy it. Wait a few days. You'll get a coupon for it, or find it on sale. Their cookies see your interest, but know they haven't closed the deal yet, so a little incentive.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    I think, as a public service, you should let us know next time you buy something...then we all will know it's going on sale
    haha yea that would help everyone else for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    A useful trick, that actually works pretty often is to sign in, put something in your cart, but then don't buy it. Wait a few days. You'll get a coupon for it, or find it on sale. Their cookies see your interest, but know they haven't closed the deal yet, so a little incentive.
    It works for some, like wood craft sends free shipping, grizzly sends 5%, woodpecker sends a video on how to use the product but no discount

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    I’ve never owned a business so I don’t know what it’s like but this situation is fairly common. You buy a refrigerator and two weeks later it’s $100 cheaper. I know if it was something small that you could easily return for refund and the re-buy, some businesses will just process the return and purchase to give you the lower price.

it seems to me that WP ought to offer recent purchasers a store credit for the ten bucks.
    Costco will immediately refund the difference if something goes on sale within 30 days of your purchase and you have the receipt. Not sure about online, but many other brick and mortar businesses will do so as well. I’d at least ask for a $10 credit.