Thread: klingnet paper

klingnet paper

I'm about due to get some more sanding disks for my Mirka Ceros. I've been happy with the Mirka Abranet, also good results with Klingspore products for my edge sander. Any one have experience or opinion on their klinget product?

Terry T

I have been happy with Klingspor disks but recently tried the 3M Cubitron disks. I am truly amazed at how long they last. They make a mesh style called 3M Extract. I would recommend that you try them.

3M Cubitron Extract II gets my vote. This stuff is amazing. Cuts fast, doesn't clog, last a long time, and isn't expensive.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

3rd vote for 3M Xtract Cubitron II. I tried in 80 and 120 so far and will purchase finer grades when my current stock is depleted.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I looked at Xtract Cubitron on the 3M site, and the grids jump from 80 (coarsest) to 120. I'm looking to remove a lot of material, but it seems that this product is for finishing. Is this right?

Huh. Go figger. I've been using the Abranet. Happy. Was not aware of these other two options. The 3M is much less costly, eh?

No 100g on Amazon, but the jump from 80 to 120 is a non-issue for me. Far out, guys. Thanks
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

The Abranet does not last nearly as long as Abranet Ace. I've used Cubitron, Klingnet, Granet net, and decided Abranet Ace is the best. A few other woodworkers I know have tried Cubitron and liked the Abranet Ace more.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Therneau View Post
    I'm about due to get some more sanding disks for my Mirka Ceros. I've been happy with the Mirka Abranet, also good results with Klingspore products for my edge sander. Any one have experience or opinion on their klinget product?

Terry T
    Mirka sells an automotive weight disc called Autonet. It' the same abrasive on a thinner back and lower price. I bought a box of each, but haven't used them yet. https://beavertools.com/mirka/abrasi...SAAEgL3MvD_BwE

I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube with people doing tests of the 3M Cubitron II which was enough to convince me to stock up. Generally speaking it seemed like 25-50% quicker sanding with the 3M product. I don't believe Abranet Ace was one of the products tested against.