Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another bandsaw? - Agazzani Model 600 vs. SCMI 24"

Congrats, Steve. Yes, that type of saw isn't the same as the big, old cast iron monsters of the past, but these welded steel frame structures are well suited to the job. I think you'll enjoy having that beast in your shop for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Congrats, Steve. Yes, that type of saw isn't the same as the big, old cast iron monsters of the past, but these welded steel frame structures are well suited to the job. I think you'll enjoy having that beast in your shop for sure.
    Thanks Jim! Have to say some of the pleasure I get from purchasing these used machines is the opportunity to meet some of the nicest people on the planet. This purchase was no exception. The seller and 3 guys next door who had no financial interest in the sale were extremely helpful if not essential in getting the bandsaw loaded and secured. It would've been a difficult task without them. Many thanks and kudos to them!

Good find.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

To wrap up the 24" bandsaw search and purchase here's a couple of photos of the SCMI SC600 offloaded and standing upright on a mobile base. I have a few questions about it that I'll post in a separate thread. So far things are looking pretty good. Thanks again for all of the help received on this forum!
    SCMI Bandsaw 002.jpgSCMI Bandsaw 001.jpg

Really nice looking saw. Looks like it was just taking up floor space in some shop and was never really used. I really enjoy all the people I have met over the years whether buying or selling machines as well. Enjoy that thing.

I bet that’s going to be a excellent saw. My only critique is the color it’s really awful to me. The motor seems small but maybe the saw is really big?
    Nice find.
    Aj

Those 24” Italian saws of that vintage all seemed to have 3 hp motors in the lighter European form factor. I have a similar vintage Agazzani that is soon to get a 5 hp upgrade. As it is now running on a budget VFD it bogs down on 8” resaw chores (softwood)