milk.jpg

the ORGANIC stuff is $5.49...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Any my farm neighbors are going broke, it's a shame. What other business gets told what they can sell their product for? My neighbor is a part time farmer and trucker. When he hauls corn he tells the customer what it will cost and the customer decides. When he sells his corn he gets told what they'll pay. I guess he could keep it but really? Free enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Milk--
    milk.jpg

the ORGANIC stuff is $5.49...

Costco is always cheapest here and try to fill up there when I can. Monday it was 3.89 plus the 4 percent rebate for paying with their credit card.

Down another ten cents today at our local Costco... $4.19. Topped off the Forester as my older daughter needed some things in the store and, um...so did I. LOL That obviously means that the gas was a lot more expensive than the $25.00 of fuel I bought.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

D263FDBD-B130-4604-A50E-E910D9DBC497_1_201_a.jpg.....I keep a 100 gallon tank for the wife's car. I don't like her going to these filling stations now days for safety reasons.

Locally here, gas has fallen to $3.87 before any discounts. Gas prices are like a rocket and a feather. Goes up like a rocket, and falls like a feather.

I filled up today @ $4.53/gal. I remember .025/gal & .025/pack cigarettes. I haven't bought any cigarettes in decades but I still have to buy gas.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fritz View Post
    Any my farm neighbors are going broke, it's a shame. What other business gets told what they can sell their product for? My neighbor is a part time farmer and trucker. When he hauls corn he tells the customer what it will cost and the customer decides. When he sells his corn he gets told what they'll pay. I guess he could keep it but really? Free enterprise?
    Farm products are traded on the commodities market so that is how the prices are set. I don't know the history of how that came to be. I think it would be a huge hassle if food producers and grocery wholesalers had to negotiate with thousands of farmers to determine what prices they would pay to each farmer for their product.

Costco's savings on gas can vary a lot from day to day. Two Saturdays ago I paid 50 cents per gallon less at Costco just after prices shot way up. Today Costco was only four cents per gallon less than other stations. I only stopped at Costco for gas today because I was driving by and there was no line early in the morning. It wouldn't have been worth waiting in line to save four cents per gallon.

Some prices around here have dropped by about 30 cents/gal after the state instituted a gas tax holiday for 30 days
    Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland

I run Chevron super (90 octane) in my tacoma as the cents per mile works out cheaper compared to buying lower octane gas and getting less mpg with the lower octane. I did some pretty intense data collection around the 15k mile mark (after the motor was broken in) and haven't looked back.

Anyroad, Chevron 90 octane (we can't buy 91/91 octane here) jumped up from 3.89 to US$4.05 around the time of hurricane Isaac or Isaiah back in Oct 2021, and pretty much stayed at 4.05 all winter. Last week I paid 4.89, today it was up to $5.17/US gallon for the same product at the same station.

I have been fairly stingy with my gasoline usage since it hit one dollar a gallon back in the early 1980s. I realized then it was only going to go up for the rest of my life. I would love to see my fuel back at $4.05 for another extended period, but I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

Regular has been holding at 5.29 this last week. Stalemate in Ukraine. Crude prices came down to a little over $100 a barrel from $150 when the war started
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Soaper View Post
    Some prices around here have dropped by about 30 cents/gal after the state instituted a gas tax holiday for 30 days
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that potholes will see a population boom.

Some semi-interesting stats for WTI:
    Generally was steady ~$50 for all of 2019
    May 2020, it went negative at Cushing OK (spot price), but I'll guess we can ignore this. Seems a common sentiment.

@ NMX
    01 Dec 2021 = $65.50
    14 Feb 2022 = $95.46 (46% increase / ~3 mo, driven by ...)
    08 Mar 2022 = $123.70 (30% increase / ~3wks, driven by ...Vlad?)
    07 Apr 2022 = $96.03 (22% decrease)
    ...give or take a $0.01 here or % rounding error there.

Fascinating that the 30% increase got the crowd here into a participatory mood, while the 46% sailed by ....unnoticed? Was it just the 3mo vs 3wk interval? I guess Vlad should have just invaded more ssllllooooowwllllyyyyyy?

FWIW, I sit in a ~30 minute weekly meeting with 90-100 young, energetic, motivated, and SMART, people - scattered through the desert - all trying their very best to keep the US energy independent AND your WTI cost <$70. And all within the rules dictated by the landowner.
    Nary a mention of forbidden-ness. We'll see how long this post lasts. Anybody got a stop watch?

Perspective-- you're still paying less per mile than during much of the last four decades:

204E0677-43F3-4A80-B7AF-052EE6679493.jpeg

In our town, down main drag, gas prices range from $3.55 to $3.75. This price doesn't include any discounts, which range from three cents to ten cents. Go to adjourning town, and prices are higher ($3.90 -$4.09.) Same brands of gas and stations. It's a rip off when same brand of gas and vendor cost this much difference in one town to another, even though they are less than five miles apart.