Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gassed up today

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    Just after everything hit the fan two weeks ago I filled up as usual at Costco. The lines were six or seven deep with the full size trucks and SUVs so common in central Texas. The weather was great, my windows were down, and I noticed just about everyone was else sitting there with their cars idling.
    Yea, I've noticed that, too. I actually shut the Forester off while waiting, even though it has start/stop. But all the vehicles around me were sitting there burning fuel waiting to add more fuel. I'm noticing that many folks who are disappointed with their fuel economy with some vehicles also happen to be the ones that idle a lot...which is essentially "zero miles per gallon"
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    $1.67/liter last night. For you Americans, that converts to 'a lot'. Starting next month the provincial government is going to temporarily drop the $.13/liter road tax. It will remain that way until oil prices drop below a set level. Not a bad scheme because such a huge chunk of revenues come from crude, so they are still getting a windfall.

I've had to delete many sentences because I kept wandering into the political rant territory

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    $1.67/liter last night. For you Americans, that converts to 'a lot'. Starting next month the provincial government is going to temporarily drop the $.13/liter road tax. It will remain that way until oil prices drop below a set level. Not a bad scheme because such a huge chunk of revenues come from crude, so they are still getting a windfall.

I've had to delete many sentences because I kept wandering into the political rant territory
    $1.67/liter translates to $6.32 per US gallon. If this is in Canadian dollars in converts to $4.93 USD/ gallon.

Conversions used 3.785 liters/US gallon, 1.00 CAD exchange rate is 0.78 USD (just googled)

Here in Texas I have been seeing $4.79-4.99 for diesel and around $3.99 for regular. (though the truckstops seems to be quite a bit higher on diesel in the mid $5 territory- just looked on GasBuddy and TA truckstop is listed as $5.41)

John

It was $2.10/l here the other day for the highest prices in NA. Explains to some extent why there are so many Teslas on the road.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Funk View Post
    It was $2.10/l here the other day for the highest prices in NA. Explains to some extent why there are so many Teslas on the road.
    Yikes! Alberta has historically had about the lowest gas prices in Canada. Not so with BC

Yikes! Alberta has historically had about the lowest gas prices in Canada. Not so with BC
    We're the opposite here. Doesn't bother me as I'm using an EV or bicycle most of the time. One of the reasons for higher prices here is the high carbon taxes which are intended to reduce CO2 emissions by encouraging the use of more fuel efficient vehicles. I'm not sure how effective the taxes are as I think most people just complain more but still drive their large SUV or pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I topped off yesterday at Costco and it was down ten cents over my previous top-off at the end of the previous week. $4.29

Bought gas today for wife's car. Posted price $3.99, down from $4.17 earlier this week, as in yesterday. With her gasoline company branded CC, price dropped to $3.89.

I just got back from the Post Office awhile ago, was about 5:30, rush hour traffic galore, and the corner Sinclair station had exactly ZERO cars at any of the 12 pumps. $4.27 a gallon, down from $4.29 on Saturday-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Why doesn't the post office use electric city delivery vehicle?. They seem like the perfect fit. Short range, Low speeds, lightweight load, home every night.
    UPS seems to have given up on their electric trucks here. A driver told me the batteries only lasted 3-5 years.
    BilLD

I think the USPS plan to go electric has hit the supply problem wall (the use chips too). But it was their plan.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Travelling around Florida last week, I had prices from $4.549/gallon to $4.799/gallon. Haven't checked this week but am guessing it's as high or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Why doesn't the post office use electric city delivery vehicle?. They seem like the perfect fit. Short range, Low speeds, lightweight load, home every night.
    UPS seems to have given up on their electric trucks here. A driver told me the batteries only lasted 3-5 years.
    BilLD
    There was intention to go that way, but current top management seems to be bucking the idea. Unfortunately to discuss that in depth, things would have to go political. And we all know that's not something we can do here. Communicate with your congress-critters if it's as important to you as it is to me. Older generation test vehicles and the heavy cycles may certainly have resulted in what your carrier told you, BTW.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

United kingdom price today 17 3 2022

Diesel $9.28 petrol $8.25 per US gallon

Have you checked the price of a gallon of milk lately $5.25 here in NJ. More than a gal of gas to go get it.
    John T.

Hmm,

Picked up two gallons at Costco a few days ago. Cost less than $7 for the two.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.