Thread: SawStop (Break) Failure $$$ pt. 3

SawStop (Break) Failure $$$ pt. 3

It would be useful if you could post photos of your set up so members here can actually see your set up and possibly help you without having to shoot in the dark. Spend the $6 to become a contributor so we all can see your set up in detail, its a lot cheaper than a new blade or cartridge. - Lee Schierer

I've had a bad experience with Saw Stop and it's being silenced. Part 2 of this thread was out right deleted. The moderator changed my post above. Here's the original thread:
    Last edited by Kevin M Adams; 03-10-2022 at 10:05 PM.

It is too bad what happened with your Sawstop and I hope that you get some resolution. I have a Sawstop PCS and would be unhappy. I do not know what anyone here can do for you.

However, I do not understand trying to get threads closed. This forum is based on civil discourse and a friendly chats. You seem to have gone a different direction and may get put in time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M Adams View Post
    It would be useful if you could post photos of your set up so members here can actually see your set up and possibly help you without having to shoot in the dark. Spend the $6 to become a contributor so we all can see your set up in detail.
    Quoting myself in not my own words... I'll see what I can do but I doubt it matters. My issue may help others make an informed decision. It's being silenced, and you are doing that, Lee Schierer

I had a bad experience with Saw Stop. It's being silenced. This is such an odd experience. Original post here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....-Brake-Failure
    Last edited by Kevin M Adams; 03-10-2022 at 9:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    It is too bad what happened with your Sawstop and I hope that you get some resolution. I have a Sawstop PCS and would be unhappy. I do not know what anyone here can do for you.

However, I do not understand trying to get threads closed. This forum is based on civil discourse and a friendly chats. You seem to have gone a different direction and may get put in time out.
    I wasn't trying to get a thread closed. That was a slew of others throwing insults, discrediting without context all while promoting Saw Stop brand and then deleting the posts after a moderator chimed in only to do it again until the post was closed. Saying I'm in need of a time out is again, diminishing the real issue. The discourse was always intended to be civil. It was suspiciously not...

Blog Entries
    Quoting myself in not my own words... I'll see what I can do but I doubt it matters. My issue may help others make an informed decision. It's being silenced, and you are doing that.

I had a bad experience with Saw Stop. It's being silenced. This is such an odd experience. Original post here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....-Brake-Failure
    You are not being silenced, it is nearly impossible to solve a complex problem when you can't see the set up. Please pay the $6 so you can post photos so we can possibly help you. Also forum rules say you need to politely try to work things out with the manufacturer by also sending them the cartridges and photos of your setup. Saw Stop has no control over this forum other than they advertise here.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-10-2022 at 9:48 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    You are not being silenced, it is nearly impossible to solve a complex problem when you can't see the set up. Please pay the $6 so you can post photos so we can possibly help you. Also forum rules say you need to politely try to work things out with the manufacturer by also sending them the cartridges and photos of your setup. Saw Stop has no control over this forum other than they advertise here.
    The post was about doing exactly that. I'm working with them to send the requested parts and materials. My intent was to update as I went. I also wanted to create clarity when others asked questions. You are well aware of exactly what I'm talking about.

You really think a company wouldn't have people connected to a forum where the public talk about their products in order to coerce and generate leads? Heck, read anything regarding Harvey and you'll get numerous post about some awesome sale that the contributor just heard about and how they've heard great things.

All I wanted was for my experience with Saw Stop to be good. It hasn't been. Now I'm out almost $600 with a real concern after talking to Tech Support that Saw Stop will not do right by me.

Blog Entries
    The post was about doing exactly that. I'm working with them to send the requested parts and materials. My intent was to update as I went. I also wanted to create clarity when others asked questions. You are well aware of exactly what I'm talking about.

You really think a company wouldn't have people connected to a forum where the public talk about their products in order to coerce and generate leads? Heck, read anything regarding Harvey and you'll get numerous post about some awesome sale that the contributor just heard about and how they've heard great things.

All I wanted was for my experience with Saw Stop to be good. It hasn't been. Now I'm out almost $600 with a real concern after talking to Tech Support that Saw Stop will not do right by me.
    You should stop your posts until they have time to asses your parts and documentation. Forum rules have a section called Before You Rant Read This which you really need to read and heed before continuing this topic.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I like to hear peoples' experiences and usually appreciate them taking the time to inform us all. In this case, I feel you jumped the gun - you havent finished working the problem with them. Give them a chance to work the problem to completion Sir. Then tell us how it went.

You said you're posting about your "customer service experience". I'm sorry to be blunt, but I interpreted that as just "spin". I've read your original post twice. It strikes me as a not-too-veiled attack on Sawstop, using the internet as your weapon of choice. I disagree with that behavior because your reaction may be premature and unjustly cause them unwarranted harm.

I hope they figure it out and take good care of you.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”