Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never buy a Ge refrigerator: Update even worse then I knew

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I wonder if whoever came up with that idea used to work for HP in their inkjet cartridge department.
    Not only their ink jet but some laser printers also I got tired of their high prices in laser cartridges and the stupid chips that tell you you have to replace them when they are nearly new. There for a while I was getting new chips to install on my old cartridges so I didn't have to buy new ones. I now have a Dell all in one that doesn't have chips.

bonus offtopic sidetrack:

Everyone with decent tasting tap water has water to make perfect coffee, but it takes a wee bit of effort:

fill a large pan with water, put a lid on it loosely to keep the dust out, let it sit for a day or two, then make your coffee-

the 'letting it sit' allows the chlorine in the water to gas-off. Works good for just plain drinking water too

I suppose boiling may work
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    bonus offtopic sidetrack:

Everyone with decent tasting tap water has water to make perfect coffee, but it takes a wee bit of effort:

fill a large pan with water, put a lid on it loosely to keep the dust out, let it sit for a day or two, then make your coffee-

the 'letting it sit' allows the chlorine in the water to gas-off. Works good for just plain drinking water too

I suppose boiling may work

Have a well, so no chlorine. Can't stand the taste of "city water."

Oh heck, I have an old HP laser printer. I have been using much cheaper generic laser cartridges for about 4 years now. Well the chips in the cartridges and the last update from HP screwed me. I put in another brand new off brand laser cartridge and suddenly the printer beeps and flashes non-HP product and promptly stopped working. I tried the other cartridges I had on hand. none worked. Went and bought a factory cartridge and the dam machine blinked a different message, but still won't work. Yeah the darn things have chips in them. We tried the old way to get around the HP chip. That doesn't work anymore. My computer geek buddy is trying to figure out how to undo the last update

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Have a well, so no chlorine. Can't stand the taste of "city water."
    Same here. City water tastes terrible. We have an iron filter right off the well head. Great tasting water.

We solved the refrig filter problem so many seem to have. Wife just bought a refrig without a water hookup.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

My son's house in Texas has the best well water I have tasted. Makes sense, he lives in Springtown. They bottle spring water in a nearby town.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.