Thread: Lubricant for Accuride 3832 ball bearings

Lubricant for Accuride 3832 ball bearings

I'm cleaning my Accuride 3832 slides, using WD40 to loosen the gunk before wiping clean. Any recommendations on what lubricant to use? Accuride recommends "bearing grease" but that covers a wide range of products and viscosities. What works for you folks?

Many thanks!
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Scott:

I would suspect any NLGI grade 2 would work. Maybe with some extra tackifiers to keep it where it goes. Always potential compatibility issues with mixing different greases, but if you remove the existing well then it should not be a problem. This is what is in most regular 6000 series ball bearings depending on brand just a different version.

https://www.mobil.com/en-us/grease/pds/gl-xx-mobil-polyrex-em-series

Brian

Brian

I have used a good quality lithium grease on my Pantry file drawer slides. I may try a dry lube the next time. I have only done it twice in 18 years though. Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also think any grease is fine. I keep a can of Superlube handy for many non-specific uses.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-41...7049206&sr=8-5

I use Kroil to re-lubricate Accuride and KV slides that I have taken off a job and repurposed for shop cabinetry. I only repurpose hardware for my own personal use. The Kroil seems to last a long time and the slides seem to move with less effort than new ones with factory grease.