Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Volkswagon Mechanics Talk To Me

My research indicates that my Dune Buggy is a Berry Mini T4 model. There are so many knock-offs of this design that it can be difficult at first to be sure. The ID plates have been removed, there should have been one on the dash board and one over the engine if my research is accurate. The body shape is a prefect match but the dash board details I have not been able to find one like it.

Like most of these buggy's they turn into a major project all to fast. Once you start looking close at the details there is more work than expected. I'm OK with the overall condition of the machine but I am concerned about the time it will require to get the car back to pristine condition. I am trying to decide now what my limits will be based on the fact that I just intend drive it around the county, no shows or events. I am committed at this point to a new paint job and interior after I get the car inspected and road worthy.

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1976 Beetle from a friend. I am planning a road trip to New Jersey soon to pick up the car, it will become a source for parts as the running gear is in good shape, particularly the engine.

Keith,

I have searched for that book, but cannot find it. I know it is here somewhere, and will let you know when it surfaces.

It has to be somewhere under these piles of cash.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Thanks Rick, I appreciate your efforts and understand completely how things disappear over time

Another VW

I acquired a 1976 Beetle from a friend of mine last week. I have not had the time to look very close at the car yet but it came from New Jersey so the sunny side looks really nice but it has lots of rust underneath. If I could save the body I would like to get the car running again but it will probably be a parts car for the dune buggy. The fuel injected engine should be ok, it was running when it was parked ten years ago. The transmission won't fit my 67 frame but it has some beautiful wheels and lots of other parts I can use or trade.

Question - Does anyone know if the steering column from the 1976 Beetle will fit my 1967 VW?

The newer steering column has turn signals, windsheild wiper, the ignition key and a couple other features built in. The 1967 column only has turn signals.