Thread: Rolly Munro articulated hollowing tool

Rolly Munro articulated hollowing tool

I purchased a set of used tools from a woodturner's widow, a couple of years ago. Recently, I've started looking at a Rolly Munro tool that was part of that set. I need to know more about the cutter element itself; where to purchase replacements, and how to sharpen it.

Here are two photos, from above and below the tool, which should show what it is I have. I'm pretty sure this is not the current version of this tool, but if there are current suppliers who can help me keep this working, I would like to know who they are.

IMG_20220304_123249234~2.jpg
    View of tool from above; you can see the cutting edge of the cutter, at far left

IMG_20220304_123302669~2.jpg
    View of tool from below

The cutter is held in place by a screw from above.

Can anyone point me to a source for the cutter, and also to sharpening instructions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the Packard website referral and the youtube video link.

Based on the video, I believe I have the Munro 12 mm tool, which uses a round cutter head (12 mm, I would assume).

There appear to be no parts (such as the cutter) for this tool, on the Packard website. Packard has cutters for the Wundercutt 10, the 3/4" Hollower, and the Shear Scraper.

Do you or any other readers know of a source for the cutter for the 12 mm tool? Or is this tool now obsolete and unsupported?

I thin Ron at AZ Carbide also has replacement cutters. Shows the dimensions of the cutter he carries for a Munro on page 4 of his cross reference list. Not sure if it is the same size as what you have but check it out - https://azcarbide.com/cross-reference-chart/

Hi Robert
    Lee Valley may have the cutter you require.
    https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...2?item=83B0109