Thread: Another Dust Deputy cart - The simple approach

Another Dust Deputy cart - The simple approach

I searched the web and found quite a few extravagant dust carts. But I wanted to keep it simple.
    This is about as simple as I could think of:

7EA106B5-C3DD-4F62-BF88-4AAC397A3CDA.jpg
    The Plane Anarchist

Me likey. What did you use for supporting the dust deputy?
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

The cyclone snaps onto the Oneida bucket. Then the DD assembly just sets in a hole in the top and is supported by the molded flange of the bucket. The top is held up on 2” pvc pipe that fits into the Rigid vacuum molded casters. It’s really just a wood platform assembled to pvc pipes that fit just right into the vac.
    The Plane Anarchist

I like it too. I have mine attached to the side of the vacuum and it's a pain....takes up way too much room and is hard to maneuver around. I'll have to add something like this to the future projects list. Might tweak the idea a bit so I could use bigger casters than those on the vac. Thanks for the post.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Actually I bought the DD Sidecar set up but I hated the bulk and sloppy fit of the thing. Originally I was going to make caster cart to put under the vac and use wood legs but then I realized that the 2” pvc fittings fit the vac perfectly so I just used them. Not counting fasteners and paint, It really only takes 4 parts to make this: 2” pvc pipe, 2” pvc couplers, 2” pvc caps, and a pine wood round panel that I bought at the borg. Drill a few holes, route a few radii, glue a bit of pvc pipe, and your about done. I did notch the pipe to clear the drum flange and I screwed a wood spacer between the pipe and vac to stiffen the legs.
    the underside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Plane Anarchist