Thread: Interesting packaging from Harvey

Interesting packaging from Harvey

I haven't seen a woodworking company use equipment packaging like this before, but I thought it was nice to unpack, and, if necessary, re-pack. It can be broken down and it's easy to store for a bit if needed. I think it would go back together easily. I'm not sure if all Harvey equipment ships like this, but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.22.58 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.23.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.23.36 PM.jpg

Superior! Now, why don't we get such quality packaging on the German / Italian machines, considering excessive abuse by the freight companies, and the cost of the machines themselves? Is it really too much to ask for this grade of container when spending $10k and up on a machine?
    Kudos to Harvey Tools!
    Enjoy your new saw(I presume?)
    jeff

What is this, a striptease? Or are you just thinking outside the box?

All I can say is that I was super impressed with how my Harvey saw was packed for shipment. If Grizzly would have done half as well, I wouldn’t have had to send back 2 saws. When buying new in todays world, packaging is a huge deal, not a minor detail.

Where I used to work we built a lot of shipping crates but now you can order them cheaper. https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSea...eywords=crates. Shipped flat to you.

I have purchased two machines from Harvey, a dust "processor" and a small shaper. Both were impeccably packed on pallets with reinforced heavy corrugated enclosures. Both arrived with no shipping damage. I have two Italian machines, a saw and a jointer/planer, due in a month. It will be interesting to see how those arrive.

Very nice and it screams that they get details matter.

Quote Originally Posted by derek labian View Post
    I haven't seen a woodworking company use equipment packaging like this before, but I thought it was nice to unpack, and, if necessary, re-pack. It can be broken down and it's easy to store for a bit if needed. I think it would go back together easily. I'm not sure if all Harvey equipment ships like this, but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.22.58 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.23.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.23.36 PM.jpg
    Derek - that packaging would weigh heavily in making me favor Harvey if I were in the market.

My harvey bandsaw was not packed in this way. It was not even in a wood crate just thick cardboard. It must just be some models that are packaged this way. Looks nice.

15 years ago I purchased a 22124 zip code saw from Sears for about $900 with delivery. Under the sturdy corrugated exterior the entire saw was enclosed on five sides with a welded steel frame. No damage at all. If a lower price point manufacturer can do it, certainly the Grizzlys, Harveys, et al should be able ship without damage.