Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My OneFinity has Landed

Good for you Brad. I'll have more eye candy to look at when you guys get your machines.

If you have a CAD background you'll learn the CNC end of it pretty quickly. You have to think a little differently about machining though. With conventional machines you might cut dados in something after the parts are cut out. With the CNC you more likely would cut those dados first, and to do that you have to cut beyond the edges of the piece to account for the radius of the bit. That requires some modification of the drawing in the CAD portion so the subsequent toolpaths will work as you want. Once you think like the machine will cut it's pretty straight forward, just different from conventional wood working.

John

That truly is the key to finalizing the vector drawings before creating toolpath files..."thinking like the machine", rather than like a human that might do things a little differently, both in technique and order. Being really organized here can save time, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Good for you Mark. Your COO will appreciate all the new things you'll be able to accomplish on the project list. The PNW spindle gets good reviews; never heard anyone say they had a problem that wasn't quickly resolved satisfactorily. I don't think I've heard any problems, to be honest.

The wait is painful. When I bought my Journeyman the stated wait time was 10 - 12 weeks, but I actually got it in just over 8 weeks. Maybe 1F will ship yours faster than promised, too. Since I knew nothing about V-Carve Pro, I used the wait time to learn how to use the software and create some projects. When I got the machine the learning curve was a lot less steep. If you bought software from 1F you can download it within a day after purchase. I got my notification from Vectric in a few hours.

John

John, I was so excited about the Masso controller and closed loop motors I failed to be concerned with the round Y rails being unsupported, have you experienced any deflection or issues?
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 11-30-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Are those round rails drilled or just clamped to the support structure? That would be my only concern, but the market for these is hobby user.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Just noticed 1F is advertising 12-14 weeks now for shipment. Hope that's not retro for orders from Monday.

I'm so excited to get my new toy, I started clearing the area yesterday.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Just noticed 1F is advertising 12-14 weeks now for shipment. Hope that's not retro for orders from Monday.
    Check that... Just bumped over the shipping info page on their site and it shows 14-16 weeks lead time for the Elites.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher