Thread: Gliidden Paint for Bedroom walls

Gliidden Paint for Bedroom walls

Looking at this Paint , for a bedroom wall.

Glidden HEP Grab-N-Go Interior Paint and Primer, White, Flat, 1 Gallon

Is this a good brand of Paint for the Bedroom walls ?

I tend to stick with Sherwin Williams for paint products to be used in the house or Benjamin Moore if SW is out of stock on what I want. I rarely buy any of the mass market paint brands unless it's for general utility and happens to be convenient at the time.

With SW, I use the Cashmere, SuperPaint or Emerald, depending on what level of quality I want to have and ProClassic for white trim work.

That all said, I'm sure the Glidden paint will work just fine for your application if applied correctly, as would Behr, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've used Glidden but not that particular product. Its an acceptable brand - not the best, but OK for the price. Been around a long time.
    < insert spurious quote here >

I don't think the stuff sold under that name remotely resembles the product of decades ago. Painting is enough work (and a big enough pain when it goes wrong) that I stick with the top end lines from Sherwin Williams or BM. For me, ease of application and improved coverage tends to rapidly trounce the initial advantage in price, without considering potential differences in longevity and fade resistance.

I also find that with the box store brands that the product changes over time; I suspect they bid out manufacturing to the low bidders and the paint you buy this year is unrelated to the paint you bought last year. Certainly seen that with HD/Behr, comparing gallons of the allegedly same product bought six months apart.

If you can get SW on 30% sale I woud go with it. I have heard they aren't having many sales with demand and supply chain issues.

Big box stores have a range of qualities. If I was using a big box paint I would go with their best one.

I painted the entire inside of my daugter's house mostly with SW and less with big box upper end stuff. I did not see any difference in quality in application or 3 years later in appearance.

For a bath or kitchen I would probably go SW or BM with one that specifically says suitable for kitchen or bath. For bedrooms I would not pay full price for SW or BM.

So I use the Cashmere or SuperPaint for "secondary rooms" like bedrooms, usually the former. It goes on really well. I pull out the Emerald for higher traffic areas, moisture laden areas, etc...places I used to use BM Aura. I still love the Aura, but I get better pricing from SW; either a contractor discount when there are no sales or up to 30 or 40% off when a sale hits...which is a lot less common right now as you mention, Ron. If I did have to use a box store brand, I'd go with the Behr and the higher level Marquise version.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...