Thread: Tree down this morning

Tree down this morning

Going out to feed the animals this morning I was greeted by a 20" diameter dead pine tree across the driveway. It missed the blueberry bushes, bent the water hydrant over about 20 degrees, and the root system pulled up part of the fence around the chicken yard.

tree_down_chicken_yard.jpg

A couple of hours later the tree was cleared and the animals were all fed. And water hydrant that got knocked over still works while tilted.

It sure helps to have the right equipment. I'm thankful for saws powered by gasoline rather than muscles too. And rain gear.

tree_down_chicken_yard_2.jpg

When it dries out a bit I'll put it all in the dump trailer and fix up the mess I made on the ground.

JKJ

How many times did you wonder how you ever got along before the mini-ex came around?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    How many times did you wonder how you ever got along before the mini-ex came around?
    My son was out helping and he remarked once again how having the right tools made things so much easier. He wondered about how they did these things with hand tools. If I had no equipment I'd probably be calling a tree service to get on their waiting list. Even then the stump would probably be in the ground for years instead of in the compost pile.

In years past I used the tractor with hooks and chains a lot and a skid steer, but I knew I wanted one of these! I don't like to borrow money so I saved for years to get one. I'd REALLY hate to be without it now. This one is only about 8000 lbs but will still easily lift and move 2-3000 lbs.

I recently took it to a neighbors and cleared out an overgrown corner of his property, pulling up small trees and brush, digging around and pushing over larger trees, moving and pushing everything into a pile. He watched for a while then said "I gotta get me one of those!"

JKJ

Having the right tool for the job is a big asset!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...