Thread: Oneida Mini-Gorilla dust bag problems

Oneida Mini-Gorilla dust bag problems

The dust bag for my Oneida Mini-Gorilla DC occasional gets pushed up
    against the cylcone body resulting in the chips heading straight into
    the hepa filter. I'm guessing that this may be due to a poor seal of
    the dust canister, but I'm finding it difficult to consistently get a good
    seal after changing bags.

Anyone finding similar problems? Solutions?

Jim, I saw your question in the Workshops section in the past and responded. You probably did not see that response. Mark

Mark,

Yes, I indeed missed your previous response. The plastic hose you refer to (for pressure
    equalization) is in place and free of obstruction. Others have suggested placing various
    structures inside the bag to keep it from collapsing. I suppose I'll have to try that, but
    had hoped to get some suggestions on how improve the seal. I have to say that the
    way it is done by Oneida (via a piece of cheap weatherstripping) is less than impressive.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim, the weatherstripping is pathetic. I did complain to Oneida and when I was in my warranty period they sent me another. That wore out after a year, and I replaced it. Try replacing it carefully( you can get it at the home improvement store) , removing any old pieces of weatherstripping. And put a brand new bag in. I ordered replacements from Oneida and they are a bit thicker than trash bags. When reattaching the dust bin, make sure things line up and you get a good seal. By the way, you can run it without the bags. It is just a matter of convenience with the bags.

Thanks again, Mark. I may try going bag-free (after I close off the hose as per instructions...)