Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Brick with a 7" tile saw

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Lawrence, that won't matter a bit if the saw is water cooled. The blade won't even get remotely warm. If you're not using water, you should be.

I have a 10 Dewalt tile saw (which is a real gem) and I've cut lots of brick with it. Brick probably cuts faster than good porcelain tile.
    I agree 100% this is my wet saw I cut glass with. 05504344-2218-47D7-A1C7-F41FBB5C607A_1_201_a.jpg

believe it or not these 2300f insulated fire brick I used building my glass annealers can be cut with an old fashion hand saw. D14DA0DC-7015-4288-A4A0-1FB75DF65F81_1_201_a.jpeg

Thats a beautiful house Tom!!! I love the old field stone foundations and the chimneys.
    "The key to a long life is when you start to die, don't"

Thanks. That's what I do for a living. Look over my website. All that is done with my hands and two helpers that can almost read a tape measure if they work together. The website is so old that the software it was made with is no longer supported, so I can't change anything on it, including a lot of lost text, pictures, and formatting. Just too busy to convert it to a more modern software.

Tom,
    Just looked at your website. Thats some impressive work! At my work we quite frequently do things the "old fashioned" way for clients. From hand splitting stone, to chiseling, to polishing and texturing by hand, it's really quite fun! (also sometimes tedious!) We also get in old granite foundations that have been replaced with concrete and make veneers out of them for the new foundation so that it looks the same as it originally did. (Personally, I don't like this but I understand the reasoning behind it, it does look better than just concrete, and is more historicaly accurate I suppose.)
    "The key to a long life is when you start to die, don't"