Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian temperature conversion chart

For me, ice fishing means looking at the fresh seafood on ice at local fish market.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    Rather true! Don’t get my winter coat out until -20 C or you look silly. Spent two winters at -40 C but it never went below -52 C not even at night. Had to take a car to the grocery store because it was mostly dark and the polar bears liked shoppers returning on foot. Had to buy a 4’ extension for my ice auger as it was 6’ thick. Drilled the hole one day, fished the next.

The spring was fun at breakup, got to canoe 50 miles down rapids with ice cubes the size of small cars rolling down with you!
    Northern Manitoba?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Proper dress for Celsius temperatures:

"If it's a positive number you wear shorts. If it's a negative number you don't."

-Rod Sheridan

The internet never forgets!
    Haha, that’s still true

James Bay.
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

got groceries friday night. Cold night not record stuff but still no fun, ill guess at -15 to -20 C with the wind and some blowing snow. Saw a guy in the store shorts on. Ive seen this before other years. I dont get it, its cold its damp cold, its windy and blowing snow and the odd person is wearing shorts.

In grade school my wife and all the girls had to wear skirts all winter. Temps as low as 020F. Tall socks but exposed knees.