Thread: RdWorks Corel Plug in Help

RdWorks Corel Plug in Help

Day 2: I've tried all I know to try so I am now here looking for suggestions and or help in figuring this out. I was trying to update RdWorks Corel Plug in as I haven't done it in years, (against my better judgement as I'm of the type that if it's working and working ok, leave it TF alone!) so here I am, haha. I've uninstalled, re-installed, deleted and uninstalled, registry cleaned, fresh install, reboot, restart, searched for answer's, googled my butt off, pray, cussed etc etc. Here's my issue, everything get's installed properly, the plug in is there, the version I've installed is there, I load a engraving from Corel to send to the machine, all looks good, set up the parameters and hit start, machine kicks on like normal, but it will only engrave outlines! No fill! Even with "scan" set in the settings, it engraves outlines! I saved all my (RdWorks Corel plug in) settings that were working with a previous plug in, so I go through and change any setting that is not like my old settings. Still doing outlines! Uninstall everything, reinstall and don't change any of the settings except the Axis Mirror setting and it still is engraving outlines! Now I am at the point, okay, it's an older machine, maybe because it's older and has an older Ruida (RDL C320) controller that this plug in will not work with my machine? I went back to version 8.01.45, 48, 54, 59 and they all will do the same exact thing! Am I missing anything here? Any suggestions? I think the last plug in I was updating from was 8 something version and it was working fine (Of course!) Thank you for any help and your time!

I know jack squat about RDworks, but it sounds like the plugin may not be the problem-

Not sure what IS, but this much I know about sending Corel files to MY Chinese software and machines--

IF the program sees, or thinks there's any open connections on a normally closed graphic, it will think it's OPEN and won't fill it--

IF what you're exporting is duplicated, the 2 entities will cancel each other out in the software's brain and won't fill. Example of how easy it is to send duplicates without knowing is as easy as sending graphics with a .5pt thick outline...

That's with MY 80w Triumph and it's PhCad software, and my fiber's and EzCad do this too. What's really a pisser with the fibers is when this happens, the centers of "0"s, "D"s, and every other hollow letter or number will FILL and the outer border will just run a single outline.

Anyway, check your graphics, hopefully it'll be that simple!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Outline for what? image, box, or text? Or everything. Later versions of Rdworks will not fill text (engrave) if it is filled in Coreldraw. I have to unfill and only make outline in corel to have the laser engrave it. I don't think that is your problem, but I'll offer that as potential. When I've had issues between Corel and Rdworks, I've had to uninstall Corel and Rdworks.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

It was outlining everything, filled or not even though it was in scan mode. I've fixed all of that mess , uninstalled everything Rdwork related, cleaned the registry, rebooted etc etc and installed V8.01.45 and now have pretty much the same issues with it not homing correctly, it's homing opposite of where it should be (Upper Right) so it is basically lost trying to find home and I'm lost in trying what combination of settings / parameters to mess with. It's now engraving filled / scan properly, except that too is upside down / mirrored mess, haha. So your correct it's not the "plug in" per say nor a easy graphic issue, I wish it was at this point! Thank you for the suggestions and idea's, I think I'm gonna have to find a pro to help out as I don't want to make the mess worse than it already is. Appreciate the comments, thanks!

I have rarely used the plug in, just exported in one of the graphics file formats that my machine will take.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Will Lightburn work for you??
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10