Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandsaw blade for resawing

I agree ,but I like to reuse or at least recycle, I guess I'll try a Lennox blade and be more selective on what I saw,green wood seems to be the worst.

Any one tried the Laguna Pro forse blades? I can get them local without shipping.

I don't know if they do or not. I used to use an old shop, not sure if they even have internet, that is how old they are, and they don't call when things are done. Next time will be with Oregon Industrial Carbide, and they were referred to me by my blade maker. The blade maker told me that they were thinking about getting into it themselves, but hadn't yet. If you buy from some one that makes them, that would be best bet. One thing they have to be careful about is blades that have breaks in the back of the blade, which is where mind seem to go first. This usually happens from having the blade guides too high, which causes the blade to bend to the back side. If your blade is oscillating front and back, this is what has happened. Generally now that I know, I will remove the blade before it actually breaks. These can't be repaired.

robo hippy
    Last edited by Reed Gray; 02-19-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks for the great help,I found a local store Oak Tree had the Laguna blades in stock,I am going to try a carbide tip they have.Kind of pricey for me but should stay sharp longer,and no shipping cost.

I think some blades are designed to be used and then tossed when dull. They are generally low quality and just don't perform well as in keeping on track and drifting even if the saw is properly set up. That is why I use the bimetal blades. They do cost more, and are worth resharpening.

robo hippy

Laguna Resaw King's are the best resaw bands that I've used. My second choice is Lennox Trimaster's, but they have a slightly thicker kerf.