Thread: Bought a CNC machine

Bought a CNC machine

I bought a Evolution 4 CNC kit from Bob's CNC Last Thursday. It arrived in two boxes yesterday. Yesterday it was below zero in my shop so I do not tend to start assembling it until the end of March. I am considering purchasing V carve desk top. I saw one of Bob's machines in a professional shop last spring and I asked him about it He said he loved it and became more talkative when I told him I personally knew Bob.

Bob is retired now but at the time he was a machinal engineer at John Deere. He got transferred about 12 years back. I was planning on building my own CNC. I talked to bob at length and decided it would be cheaper to buy from him than to go the way I was planning

A CNC with a 24 x24 work envelop any place else is about 4 grand. Woodsmith did a CNC made out of wood and I was considering doing a lot out of wood so I thought I would save myself a lot of work and give Bob's a try.

Just google Bob's CNC if you would like to see what I got. I have not bought my software yet so I would be interested in hearing from some who use V carve desktop. I know that V carve is upgradable as well as my machine is.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bussey View Post
    I bought a Evolution 4 CNC kit from Bob's CNC Last Thursday. It arrived in two boxes yesterday. Yesterday it was below zero in my shop so I do not tend to start assembling it until the end of March. I am considering purchasing V carve desk top. I saw one of Bob's machines in a professional shop last spring and I asked him about it He said he loved it and became more talkative when I told him I personally knew Bob.

Bob is retired now but at the time he was a machinal engineer at John Deere. He got transferred about 12 years back. I was planning on building my own CNC. I talked to bob at length and decided it would be cheaper to buy from him than to go the way I was planning

A CNC with a 24 x24 work envelop any place else is about 4 grand. Woodsmith did a CNC made out of wood and I was considering doing a lot out of wood so I thought I would save myself a lot of work and give Bob's a try.

Just google Bob's CNC if you would like to see what I got. I have not bought my software yet so I would be interested in hearing from some who use V carve desktop. I know that V carve is upgradable as well as my machine is.
    Good for you Tom. I hope it serves you well. Were you unaware of OneFinity? They have a 32 x 32" machine for about $2K: https://www.onefinitycnc.com/product...-own-onefinity

John

Congrats! Adding CNC to your arsenal will be an interesting process that I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

VCarve Desktop is an excellent application for CAD/CAM. Vectric has very good video insruction online as well as trial versions you can download and use to learn. I suggest you get working on that "now" since that's the largest part of the learning curve.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...