Thread: Site blocked

Site blocked

I can no longer access the site from my desktop. I have tried Chrome and Microsoft browsers and get the same message, “the connection to this site is not secure “, and ERR SSL PROTOCOL ERROR.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Richard

Be sure you are using https://www.sawmillcreek.org
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately both got the same response and wouldn’t go through.

Either the SSL certificate for this sight has expired (it hasn't or we would all be getting that message) or there is something wrong with the certificate management on your workstation or the certificate authority it is using. Check to make sure the date on your workstation's internal clock is set properly. If your workstation clock is way off it will say that a SSL certificate has expired when it is actually still valid (which gives the error you posted). If the clock isn't the problem the fix will most likely be more involved but I am pretty confident the problem is local to your machine or the network you are on (network issues like this will often pop up when you are behind your organizations misconfigured firewall).

P.S. You should also be able to click the "Advanced" link at the bottom of that error and then choose to proceed anyway. This will bypass the error temporarily (for the current session. the next session you open will get this error again).

2022-02-14_232405.png

This sites certificate is good through August of this year.
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 02-15-2022 at 2:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mellor View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately both got the same response and wouldn’t go through.
    Delete your cookies and history for the site and try again.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I agree with Lee...the local credential(s) may have gotten corrupted, so removing anything associated with sawmillcreek.org and the logging in clean "should" clear up the issue.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...