Thread: A Sawstop Lesson After 13 Years

A Sawstop Lesson After 13 Years

Found out by accident today (looking through a catalog, not a blade trip) that there are two versions of the brake, the blue one for the newer saws and the clear one for the older "CB" Model Numbers. Never knew this, if I tripped the brake I would have went to my supplier and got one, think all they stock is the blue ones. I had noticed the color change but thought it was just esthetics. My saw actually says Professional Cabinet Saw on the back, guess when they introduced the PCS they change the nomenclature. Think I'll order an extra brake sometime when I have the extra cash.

Assume most know all this but figured I would post in case there are others who have just been using their saw for years with their head buried in the sand like me because I would have went to the store and bought the wrong brake cartridge.

Yes, my saw is the same vintage. Apparently they changed something in the brake system and use a different color to distinguish the two.
    A while back (2010 or so?) I had an incident (forgot exactly what) for which they offered to replace my whole arbor assembly to upgrade to the new one free of charge (and out of warranty!).