Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magport questions

Magport questions

How well do they stick, can you move a machine around a bit without them popping off? Did you use the short hose section they sell to attach or a black rubber adaptor with hose clamps perhaps? How well do they seal it looks like just a plastic face with no seal or gasket. Thanks!

I'm late with my questions, already had a meltdown over the Rockler D handle connectors and ordered Magport's for every machine. ETA I guess about 2 weeks.

I replaced most of my rocker Dust Right connectors with Magports. I did not use their little piece of flex hose.

Sometimes when using my Jointer, in planer mode, I hang 12' of 4" flex hose, unsupported, between my blast gate and the Magport. I've yet had it pop off.

Here's my setup on most of my tools. I have a Drum Sander, Shaper and Moulder, not featured in the video.

Mine seem to hang on just fine. I don't know about their hose, so can't comment. Because they are under negative pressure they don't need to seal particularly well, the dust isnot going to get out. That said, they aren't wasting a lot of air flow either. I'm enjoying having them.

This Woodstock 4" quick connect adapter works great on all my machines with 4" ports, (Dewalt 735, PM15 planer, Jet 8" jointer, SuperMax drum sander, Grizzly bandsaw) as well as 4" dust gates (the metal slide versions and the WP full throttle gates).

Just an FYI in case people are looking for a $9 alternative. Never had it fall off. Just install it on the end of your flex hose and it slips onto 4" dust ports.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I replaced most of my rocker Dust Right connectors with Magports.
    I see you modified/repurposed the Rockler rubber connectors in the comments of the video vs using the short hose, I'll do that since I have a bunch of them.

Anyone purchase spiral pipe from this place? www.blastgateco.com They seem to offer the same fittings at half the price others are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Coolidge View Post
    Anyone purchase spiral pipe from this place? www.blastgateco.com They seem to offer the same fittings at half the price others are asking.
    They are an excellent source for dust collection ductwork and fittings. I've been buying the quick connect stuff from them, so it's a different product than the spiral, but I have experienced the customer service and it's second to none. There are a number of folks here in the SMC community that have been very satisfied with them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim. Do you think the gauge thickness (26) is stiff enough for a 3hp 1941 cfm cyclone?

26 gauge is typical for dust collection systems in the 1-5 hp range. My old shop had 26 gauge snap lock! (regular HVAC duct work is typically 30 gauge)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I placed Magports on every machine replacing friction fit connectors. Much easier to move hose between machines. Love the positive connection without the two handed hassle of trying to get friction fit to stay in place and then vibrate off anyway. I used the short hose connectors provided but in some places made them even shorter. They are a onetime pain in the wallet but then all pleasure.

My box of Magport's arrived early moments ago!

Just put one on the inside of my CNC sliding enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Just put one on the inside of my CNC sliding enclosure.

Ah that's the bolt on fitting, that cnc router looks well built. Saw the road bikes, my brother founded GP Suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    They are an excellent source for dust collection ductwork and fittings. I've been buying the quick connect stuff from them, so it's a different product than the spiral, but I have experienced the customer service and it's second to none. There are a number of folks here in the SMC community that have been very satisfied with them.
    Exactly my experience. Customer service second to none.

If someone was smart, they would 3D-print an actual replacement snorkel for the Hammer A3 with the Magport flange integrated into it. That would sell all day long

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep