Thread: Recall-Pittsburgh Automotive Pneumatic Roller Seats

Recall-Pittsburgh Automotive Pneumatic Roller Seats

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Hmm, I have one of these, will have to check it. Thanks Dave!
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I had one of those too, but it's already broken. I tossed it.

That would make an interesting accident report, especially if it occurred during coffee break😀

Regards, Rod

Mine broke while I was using a HF die grinder with carbide burr, enlarging some holes in 3/4" steel plate front end loader mounts. I was sitting on the seat. The bit grabbed, bending the shank almost 90 degrees, pulling it out of my hands. The die grinder climbed the cord QUICKLY, and slammed into the side of my knee. Fortunately, the spinning burr didn't hit me.

Sometime in the middle of that, or could have been the cause of the burr grabbing, the seat broke. I fell back, but nothing got hurt other than my knee. The knee was sore for a couple of days, but nothing past that.

That $19.95HF die grinder is a single speed, with locking switch, and no safety. I bought it because it was cheap, and I thought I would only need one for that one job. I tossed it, and the stool.

I ordered a Makita die grinder, that has a spring connection to the chuck, that has some give, and a paddle switch. I think it was $180, but it's a Nice tool, and a pleasure to use, especially with less worry about injury.

That was the last power tool I'll buy from HF, and the last thing to sit on. I do like their toolboxes, and 1/2" breaker bars, but that's where my loyalty to them will stop.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 02-13-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks, I have one too. Will check the numbers. Waiting for a hip replacement and don't need a fall.