Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammer A3-31 dust collection

Thanks Erik and Joe. I'll make sure to pay the balance when I get the notice.

I just double checked the Order Confirmation. It was placed on Dec 27th, and had an April 2022 delivery estimate. So, I have a couple more months to wait. Yes, this is the new normal. What a crazy, crazy time we are living in.

I just got notice that my machine has arrived at the whse and is ready to be shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cowan View Post
    I just got notice that my machine has arrived at the whse and is ready to be shipped.
    Wonderful, have fun…..Regards, Rod

Great news on the arrival time. I paid the deposit on a Hammer F3 shaper in January and got the delivery date for August. I guess these trying times are affecting us all. Enjoy your new machine.
    If you have any questions after your visit just call.

Update: It arrived yesterday morning and looked great off the truck. Once I got into removal of the crate and plastic covering, it had been hit so hard in route on the ship (my opinion) that it dented part of the machine and bent the 1/8" thick brackets they use to tie it down to the 1 1/2" plywood pallet it is shipped on. The wood crate (which is installed in Delaware) and the plastic (which is put on at the factory) was in good shape. I could not have seen it off the back of the truck. So far, the response from Felder has been excellent. I have requested they send a technician down to repair and calibrate the machine. The part that is dented can be replaced easily it seems, but my concern is the things I cannot see.

This will work if you're willing to live with 4" flex.

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-sche...apter-for-hose

Joe I am coming in late, but better late than never.

At present all my Hammer machines (A3-31, N4400, K3) use the existing 5" outlets into 5" hoses into a 2hp DC. This is for expediency until we move home, which we have been planning for a few years. In the next shop, all outlets will be modified to 6" and a new DC will be added. There is no point in changing up until the new DC (with more power and a larger impeller) and piping is installed. The difference in dust collection with a 6" outlet is expected to be very significant. My advice is that, if you are able to do this now, change all up to 6" outlets and fittings. Do not go 4" - total waste of money and equipment, not to mention a risk to your health. 5" is about 30% better than 4", but 6" is about 30% better than 5".

Regards from Perth

Derek