Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Fox W1837 and W1888 Table Saws

Shop Fox W1837 and W1888 Table Saws

Newbie here. Long time lurker, first time poster. Weekend warrior woodworker. Upgrading from my 50lbs Ridgid portable table saw. Trying to decide between two Shop Fox table saws, the W1837 and the W1888. Looking to spend about $1500ish for the most saw I can get. Was looking at the Harvey C200-30, but seems to be discontinued. The W1837 seems to be at $1500 about everywhere and the W1888 seems to be $2500+. However, not sure if Home Depot has a pricing mistake, but the W1888 is currently $1570 - so within budget. And the W1837 is at $1075. Any other thoughts at this price point? Thank you very much!

Heading to Menards right now to look at a Kreg 7102 miter gauge for forthcoming saw...

Crazy, they show the 1837 for $1,070 also. Wonder if they fulfill the order at those prices. Good luck which ever way you go.

Grizzly owns Shop Fox - when you go to the Grizzly site, you can compare the Shop Fox W1888 to the Grizzly 0899 - they are the same saw & the Grizzly 0899 is $1,850

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roock View Post
    Grizzly owns Shop Fox - when you go to the Grizzly site, you can compare the Shop Fox W1888 to the Grizzly 0899 - they are the same saw & the Grizzly 0899 is $1,850
    Good point. That's why I think the Shop Fox W1888 is kind of a steal at $1570, and free delivery? The Grizzly G0899 is $1850 + another $190 delivery. I think I'll hit the ole 'add to cart' button on the W1888. We'll see what happens.

Just bought the Shop Fox W1888 at the Home Depot price of $1,570 - no shipping charges, pick up at store or fee delivery. Could not pass up that deal 8 > )

I'd jump on that Home Depot deal. I see they have 46 in stock maybe they are just trying to thin the herd. That's a huge discount with free shipping. Maybe they stocked up before the big price increases hit.

Home Depot is a superior place to purchase Grizzly tools. I recently bought the shopfox version of the 7066 Lathe for less with tax than the grizzly goes for on their site, the shopfox lathe on grizzlys site was like $3500 plus freight. I think I got it all in for 2600, taxes and delivered into my garage while I was at work. I don't know why home depot randomly has killer prices on grizzly, but they do. Grizzly wont deliver to me since I live on a cul de sac but if home depot has it, they dont carry everything, then I can get it nicely delivered to wherever I want with no hassle. There are lots of stories on this site about using tow trucks or picking things up at a trucking depot, both were things grizzly customer service suggested to me when they told me no go because of where I live. The HD guys are used to hauling appliances up and down stairs etc. they are super friendly and helpful and could care less where I want the tool delivered to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex LaZella View Post
    Home Depot is a superior place to purchase Grizzly tools. I recently bought the shopfox version of the 7066 Lathe for less with tax than the grizzly goes for on their site, the shopfox lathe on grizzlys site was like $3500 plus freight. I think I got it all in for 2600, taxes and delivered into my garage while I was at work. I don't know why home depot randomly has killer prices on grizzly, but they do. Grizzly wont deliver to me since I live on a cul de sac but if home depot has it, they dont carry everything, then I can get it nicely delivered to wherever I want with no hassle. There are lots of stories on this site about using tow trucks or picking things up at a trucking depot, both were things grizzly customer service suggested to me when they told me no go because of where I live. The HD guys are used to hauling appliances up and down stairs etc. they are super friendly and helpful and could care less where I want the tool delivered to.
    You know, I haven't bought a big woodworking tool for years. Maybe my Hercules miter saw a couple years ago. (Love that saw.) Have prices really gone up 60-80% in the last few years? I see some internet articles about the 'The Best Table Saws Under $1000' and the like. Most of the hybrid saws they list are north of $1500-2500. Yeesh. Should have bought in 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Bragg View Post
    Have prices really gone up 60-80% in the last few years?
    50% increase on the cyclone dust collector I purchased only 11 months ago. 40%-50% price increases all over the place since I made a mass woodworking machine purchase about 11 months ago. Got in just before all these price increases hit, got many on 10% off plus free shipping to boot. It's ugly out there now.

Yeah that's a good deal on the W1888 & your gonna like it ! I bought a G0899 about 10 months ago and am very happy with it. Prices are nuts, 10 months ago I think it was about 1625 delivered now it would be almost 400 bucks more.

Home Depot:
    Occasionally you'll catch those big box stores in between price changes. It's a gem when you do! I just ordered the shop fox slider from them. Listed at $5600 on the grizzly website I'm getting mine delivered, with a 5 year no questions asked warranty, and a free tank of gas, for $3400! (I'm a vet and a contractor so there are some perks). I also threw in on the shop fox 3hp dust collector delivered for $1800 which is listed at $2700 on the griz website.

When you add in the customer service and warranty aspect at home depot, it's hard to buy a tool elsewhere. ESPECIALLY during the pandemic.

Wow! Congrats! Heck of a deal!

I did pull the trigger on the W1888. Seemed like a pretty great value considering the big spikes in pricing. Really anxious and looking forward to some sawdust...

Just got notice my W1888 arrived at local HD for pickup/delivery. All who seized the opportunity to buy at $1,570 did excellent - just checked HD site and price is now $2,499 !!!

Holy cow - the W1888 did go up! The W1837 is back up to $1500 too. "Blind squirrel finds nut." Got mine yesterday, delivered by liftgate to my home for free. And more importantly - in perfect condition. I needed this win - so happy. Assembling this week and will post a final pic. Already rewired for 220/230V, replaced switch breaker and installed new cord end.
    Apparently the site doesn't like portrait mode photos, but some box pics attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kane Bragg; 02-12-2022 at 12:42 PM.