Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Krenov Style Apron Plane

Hi Guys! Just a note to say that if you would like to reserve a plane from batch III please let me know by Sunday evening 7/16 since I'll be placing an order for the blades next week. Batch III will actually be the final batch. Reason being, once the end of August comes around my spare time will be spent bucking, splitting and stacking Ash for burning this Winter. Come late Fall & Winter my time in the studio will be spent making furniture again. Thanks to those that have ordered planes and to those who have followed these posts! To change it up a bit here is a photo from one of last year's splitting sessions.

Take Care!

S1.jpg
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Osowski View Post
    Thanks to those that have ordered planes and to those who have followed these posts! To change it up a bit here is a photo from one of last year's splitting sessions.
    Hopefully you make enough off the planes to buy a hydrolic splitter! My dad was a Wisconsintie and burned wood for heat. He was pretty happy when he got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford McGuire View Post
    Hopefully you make enough off the planes to buy a hydrolic splitter! My dad was a Wisconsintie and burned wood for heat. He was pretty happy when he got one.
    I did have a large commercial grade splitter about 18 years ago when I sold firewood. I do miss it it but splitting Ash isn't to bad. The Stihl splitting axe works really well, not as large and heavy as a maul and it holds it's edge.
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio