Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Someone at Amazon Think of This as a Great Idea?

Blog Entries
    Did you “opt in” to something?
    Probably accepted their sign up for "informative emails." I have two email accounts, one is for everything and the other is for more private email.

There used to be three, but one was connected to my phone service in California and after about ten years after moving away, it got cut off.

There are still some of my old eddresses connected to websites that are very difficult to change. Does prodigy.net still exist?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

How to get to Amazon's Communication Preferences Center

I know of one email setting, in their "Communication Preferences Center".

From the web:

From the mobile app:

• Select the "three bars" icon on the bottom right
    • scroll all the way down to Customer Service
    • look for a section titled "Other things you may need help with"
    • find the option "Memberships, subscriptions, or communications"
    • "Manage email and mail communications"
    • "Manage your communication preferences"

Once there, look for "Email preferences", specifically the "Promotional emails" and make sure everything is unchecked.

There may be other reason(s) unwanted email, but this hopefully gets rid of at least one way!

Blog Entries
    At the other end of the spam spectrum. Years ago, frustrated with water finishes in metal cans, I ordered some all plastic quart sized cans from the Carey Company. I get a very nice email from them about three time a year which is just enough to remind me that they exist. At some point, I hunted up the president of the company and wrote a nice thank you emai.

On one hand, all these daily emails are a bit of a bother. But on the other hand, I don’t get a lot of email traffic and the spams tell me that the system is working. I do unsubscribe to email lists that appear to be legitimate. I leave in place the obvious phishing attacks. So most of my email is legitimate ads (rockler, woodpecker…), real email traffic that I would read and the really bad stuff.