Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese Sellers Moving to Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Years ago got a new furnace put in, kept getting wifs of gas. Called the gas people they came said nothing its fine. I said its not. They were going by smell, I said you can smell it you work around it ,they did a spray test water and soap and it was leaking. It was replaced and in a day or so same deal. It was replaced again nother guy soap and water and sure enough. Story turned out to be the fittings were made in China. Id never had any gas leak before that, know it happens from time to time. Likely those fittings were all sent to scrap and back to US made stuff.
    I still haven't finished fixing the gas piping on my standby generator because of stories like this about Chinese black pipe fittings. I bought some American made pipe fittings for the job, but I have not yet found all the American made fittings I need for the job. An HVAC guy replacing a steam boiler in a Youtube video cracked a new black pipe fitting. He noticed right away it was made in Vietnam and searched through his stock of fittings for a USA fitting which worked just fine.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 02-03-2022 at 6:14 PM.

You really need to treat stuff from China as a pre assembled kit. Try it out then take it apart to run taps and dies over the threads, retorque the fittings etc. etc.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    You really need to treat stuff from China as a pre assembled kit. Try it out then take it apart to run taps and dies over the threads, retorque the fittings etc. etc.
    Bill D
    I noticed that with my Jet JJP-12. The knobs that lock the planer beds were quite hard to turn. I took them off and ran a die down the threads, much better. There wasn't much metal removed but it was enough to make a significant difference. I also replaced the small knobs with larger cast iron wheels. Now they're very easy to lock/unlock.

I am 62 years old and I only found out in the last month that Galvanized bolts do not work with non galvanized nuts. galvanized nuts the major diameter is machined larger so the zinc coating is the corerct diamter to mate with a oversized plated bolt.
    That took a while to figure out because I was running a die over the galvanized threads to try to reduce them down. Problem was the die was worn out and cut threads to large to fit in a regular nut. Got a few pounds of galvanized 1/4 20 bolts for a good price at Habitat. After buying galvanized nuts they work great.
    Bill D

Even the non "brushing" reviews on Amazon by real people that don't understand the product can be pretty misleading. I always read and evaluate the negative Amazon reviews before making a decision based on them.

Although Amazon has been forced to improve their bogus review cleaning there are still a good amount of "professional" bogus reviews on Amazon from various organizations specializing in such things.

I am a big fan of FakeSpot - https://www.fakespot.com/

The Chrome browser add-in does a good job of highlighting fake reviews both positive and negative based on analyzing other reviews from the same users.

2022-02-05_173045.png

I don't trust the Walmart market place. My dealings with the HomeDepot similar 3rd party sellers has been awful!
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 02-05-2022 at 8:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    Even the non "brushing" reviews on Amazon by real people that don't understand the product can be pretty misleading. I always read and evaluate the negative Amazon reviews before making a decision based on them.
    I always read the 4 star reviews, and also leave 4 star reviews.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night