Thread: digitize a modern guitar profile

digitize a modern guitar profile

digitize a modern guitar profile and create the *.dxf file for a CO2 engrave on a piece of live edge

https://stankern.vids.io/videos/069e...guitar-profile
    Attached Images Attached Images

awesome is that a table or bar top ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Stan,

This is a picture of my 2021 Christmas Ornament that I digitized with my Logic Tracer last November. I increased the size to 38" tall and CNC cut the backing board and the individual pieces, all from 3/8" thick PVC sheet. I still have to paint the arms and the curls at the end of the mouth black, just need to find the time. I might as well share the 47" tall Frosty the Snowman as well, it was enlarged from my 2020 Christmas ornament.

Christmas Tree IMG_1652.jpg Frosty Install Hanger.jpg
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-31-2022 at 8:45 AM.

Keith,
    excellent work, and i like the vivid colour
    I have plans for digitizing a set of aircraft floats in april or may of 2022, thought it would be a break from boats

never thought of a table or bar top , i just hung it up as a picture or display
    I am not a fan of live edge and I have a bunch so every once in awhile I get an idea to use some

Quote Originally Posted by stan kern View Post
    never thought of a table or bar top , i just hung it up as a picture or display
    I am not a fan of live edge and I have a bunch so every once in awhile I get an idea to use some

That would make an awesome table for a musician
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

musicians

the images below are my favourite...CO2 laser cut

I enjoy working with acrylic mirror so I keep a couple of sheets in my shop storage. I use both gold and silver acrylic mirror on occasion and I have been thinking about how I can use it for some upcoming projects that are Christmas related. The digitizer opens up a lot of new directions to consider.

I wonder what your guitar project would look like with a deep inlay?

Keith
    Do you mean running it through the cnc or a deep engrave on the laser

I think that CNC is the best choice because of the depth. Not that you can't get more than one eighth inch deep with a laser but it doesn't seem practical considering the time it would take. Flush to the surface would be one way but I think if the mirror was about one sixteenth of an inch deep it might add a sense of depth that would be attractive because of the inside dark edge. I'm thinking about black walnut with walnut stain and the inlay gold mirror would be stunning. Some fine detail laser engraving might also add another level of interest.

Just a thought, I have never tried it. You might find some rock stars who would order a project like that

BTW, John sent me a four button puck for my graphics board, can't wait to try it out on a particular project I have in mind.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-03-2022 at 8:12 AM.

guitar

never thought of an acrylic mirror inlay in a black walnut background , that might look rich
    I am going to keep your idea close
    attached is a lasered inlay , deep engrave on the almond hardboard and cutting of a darker hardboard
    its a up coming video
    Also the new extra input device you got, i seem to slant towards the pen input , but I have tried the puck style
    maybe i would be too shaky on the puck with cross hairs

I use the pen just as you do but I have an idea to combine several small trail maps into one large map and I think the puck will be more accurate picking points. For drafting work a multi-button puck is the most desired input device, used mostly with custom overlays to snap common details into a drawing. I don't do a lot of drafting work but I might be fortunate enough to acquire some in the future.

The cow portrait is pretty cool

I will try your idea of the mirror acrylic and walnut , i seem to like cows and sunsets