Thread: Absolutely Stellar Customer Service from Jessem

Absolutely Stellar Customer Service from Jessem

I had a cool experience yesterday. Somewhere along about September 2020 I purchased one of Jessem's Ultimate Excel II router table packages. All and all it's probably the nicest and most accurate tool I own. It came with what they call a TA Fence. The fence has a jointer module feature where you can micro-adjust the fence face on the outfeed side of the bit in or out so you can perform actions similar to a jointer.

Well, the feature never worked well because one of the two adjustment knobs was extremely difficult to turn from the get-go. I'm talking channel lock pliers hard to turn. I hardly ever need that feature, so I just lived with it. However, I'm going to need to use it in the near future. So, I sent Jessem Customer Service an email explaining my problem and asking for advice on how to fix it.

All I was hoping for was maybe for them to sell me a replacement part. But a little while later I found myself needing to pick my jaw up off the floor because they replied that they were sending me an entire new TA fence. And if I didn't mind would I put the old fence in the box and use the prepaid label they were also sending to return the defective item to them. The nice lady, her name was Phyllis, said the part in question was not really a user serviceable part.

Wow, just, Wow! That's a $450 + shipping fence they were willing to replace to make sure it worked well after that much time. To say I'm impressed doesn't even begin to cover it. Everybody likes to complain when something goes wrong, and I get that. But I just thought service that exemplary should be shared and applauded.

Dan

Yes, a small Canadian company i have dealt with a few times. Excellent products and great service too.

That’s at odds with my experience. I bought a pair of their roller hold downs for my (JessEm) router table. One of them seized after a couple of uses, and the rubber perished too. JessEm never replied to my email when I wrote to buy repair parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quenneville View Post
    That’s at odds with my experience. I bought a pair of their roller hold downs for my (JessEm) router table. One of them seized after a couple of uses, and the rubber perished too. JessEm never replied to my email when I wrote to buy repair parts.
    Greg I had a similar experience when I emailed about a screw missing from my doweling jig. Turns out it was Canadian Thanksgiving at the time and it was missed during the time off work. I'd try again if you haven't because once I did hear back they were incredibly helpful.

A phone call can be the best way sometimes. And you sent one email that didn’t get returned and you’re unhappy about it? I think they need more of a chance than that.

I had a great experiment with the with a doweling jig. I forget exactly the issue, but they sent me parts quickly and happily.

Well, I did call once and got put on hold until it disconnected. To be clear, I like their products, used to live not too far from them, but an unanswered email and a dropped call = unhappy me. Maybe I have been away from Canada so long I have lost my nice?

Something like that happened to me with a Kregg part. It kind of soured me on Kregg. After a year or more, I contacted them again. The second time, they responded right away, and sent me a brand new entire assembly even though it was just one part damaged.

Well, I did call once and got put on hold until it disconnected. To be clear, I like their products, used to live not too far from them, but an unanswered email and a dropped call = unhappy me. Maybe I have been away from Canada so long I have lost my nice?
    I wrote my reservations around experience with customer care yesterday but deleted it assuming it was an isolated event. One single email interaction with customer care was enough for me to simply move on.

Anyway, I too love their products and will continue buying them but I will ensure to buy them from LV or other sellers I trust.

Always good to hear positive feedback re: a vendor
    Regards,

Kris

There are a few companies like LV, LN, Sawstop and Jessem that have well established reputations for good service and high quality. Of course, occasionally something falls through a crack and someone ends up dissatisfied. It’s inevitable.
    Considering the challenges that most businesses have faced the last two years and then adding in the extra disruption that Jessem had by relocating their business during that same time, I’d say they have done well. I’m glad the OP had a positive experience.