Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zenith of Mediocrity

New Zenith of Mediocrity

I tried to track an order from Lee Valley on the USPS site. The snip below is what I found.

USPS Tracking.JPG
    Regards,

Kris

Not sure I see the problem. So it's on a truck/train somewhere between PA and MT: I wouldn't expect another update until it hits a major distro center closer to you (Billings?). Is it late already?

(The one oddity is that I don't recall LV using anything except UPS to get stuff to me.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

The last shipment I had from them went from NY, to Phoenix, back to Chicago, then back to Phoenix and finally Tucson.

That was UPS.

I usually ask them to ship USPS, I forgot to on that instance.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I get items from Lee Valley the next day via UPS.

USPS tracking is horrible. I've had multiple packages delivered of late that the tacking was still showing "label created, USPS awaiting package".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    USPS tracking is horrible. I've had multiple packages delivered of late that the tacking was still showing "label created, USPS awaiting package".
    Often that is a USPS associate (like Amazon) taking the package to the USPS facility nearest to the final destination. This supposedly saves Amazon a lot to just have the post office do the "last miles."

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I ordered a LV drill press table last Tuesday afternoon, and it arrived in a USPS box Thursday morning. I wasn't worried about it anyway. I haven't had time to open the box yet.

TMI. Do you really need to know where it is, and bother yourself with puzzling over their internal logistics? What happened to placing an order, and trusting it will arrive in a reasonable time frame, as you go about the business at hand?
    I've lately received notices indicating the driver was now in the area, and I could track their every move until the package arrived. Are you kidding? No wonder we're all so neurotic now.

Try and relax. Certainly, there's something else in front of you to busy your mind with.
    Enjoy the mild surprise when the item arrives.

"Expectation is a prison"
    - Robert Fripp

jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Roltgen; 01-26-2022 at 5:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Roltgen View Post
    TMI. Do you really need to know where it is, and bother yourself with puzzling over their internal logistics? What happened to placing an order, and trusting it will arrive in a reasonable time frame, as you go about the business at hand?
    I've lately received notices indicating the driver was now in the area, and I could track their every move until the package arrived. Are you kidding? No wonder we're all so neurotic now.

Try and relax. Certainly, there's something else in front of you to busy your mind with.
    Enjoy the mild surprise when the item arrives.

"Expectation is a prison"
    - Robert Fripp

jeff
    Depends on what I'm getting. With porch pirates, you want to pick up the package as quickly as possible after delivery. Especially true if it's a high value item or something you need "right now".

The other issue is when I'm receiving a package I have to sign for. I want to make sure I'm home when it's delivered.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

The point of my post was mostly this - "your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination" - That's great, I should hope so.

Then - "It is currently in transit to the next facility" - Extremely informative...they don't even mention a delivery date.

I need what's in that package to get an assembly table completed I am trying to get finished up before I have to leave town, hence my interest.
    Regards,

Kris

I'm currently 10 months out from my order being placed with LV and being told I'm still another month out. So... you're doing a lot better than I am!

Blog Entries
    Wish this were available here. Currently on tracked USPS packages we get a delivery complete message about a half hour after the fact. Our cell service is nonexistent in my area so the message doesn't go out until the carrier gets a cell signal. The road and mailbox are a few hundred yards away from the house and neither can be seen from the house.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Canada post has an option called Flexdelivery, the parcel is shipped to your nearest post office and you pick it up there, might be a good option for Jim if USPS has a similar service.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cook View Post
    Alan - that is unbelievable. Hope you got a "pound of flesh" out of Delta for that.

Apparently I am complicit in hi-jacking my own thread; so I will tell you we recently lost our Springer of 14 years. We have looked around Montana and surrounding area for a pup without much luck. My wife really misses our dog, as do I. We contacted a breeder in Oregon who referred us to a breeder in Nashville. I researched the whole dog shipping thing, and I am flying to Nashville the end of next month to pick up our new pup and flying back the next day with him.
    I hope you get the pup of your dreams Kris!

Thanks Ron. We are looking forward to getting him. Haven't had a puppy around for a while, so we have some work to do.
    Regards,

Kris